“Bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lyrebird cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healesville
Lyrebird cottages
Dandenong, Australia
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Omg it was an amazing place
All the small things that they put made the world of difference
Cozzy comfy and breath taking views
I will be coming back there again
And recommend it to ally friends and family
Turks ...,

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

The most relaxing time I have had in a long, long time. Only problem was we only stayed one night. We'll be back, next time for two or three nights. My husband and I stayed in Silver Wattle Cottage and it was just perfect. Views across to Melbourne's skyline in the distance; beautiful maple and liquidamber trees outside our bedroom window. So private and quiet. I thought Lyrebird Cottages was just a romantic name, but we saw 2 lyrebirds in the evening and 3 the following morning. Hosts Tessa and Stewart couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming, but are not at all intrusive. They have provided everything you could possibly want for your stay. The CDs and books are a great touch. It was so good to curl up on the very comfy couch in front of a cosy fire reading one of the many books available (and which I brought home after leaving the $5 required in the honesty box) And the spa bath was divine! I can't recommend it highly enough. And just a word about the road........someone commented that it was rather scary......My husband and I were on motorcycles and although Nyora Road is gravel it is is good condition and virtually no traffic. Moora Road itself is only very short. This was a bit corrugated, but we were fine and if you were in a car I can't see that it would be any problem at all. I could go on and on about this place, but you really need to find out for yourself how wonderful it is.

Room Tip: I really don't think either cottage would be better than the other.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was the most relaxing week my wife and myself have had for a long time.If you are looking to chill out, Lyrebird Cottages rates among the best around.With friendly hosts, well appointed accommodation and some of the best views of the Yarra valley and Melbourne skyline you won't find better. All the little extras like the beautiful breakfast to the great book shelf and CD collection as well as the drawing paper with the set of great pencils made our week perfect. Thanks Stewart & Tessa.

Room Tip: Top Cottage if you can get it has the better view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank brilyn2
Warrnambool, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

What an amazing place to stay! It was so peaceful and relaxing, the perfect place for a weekend escape. The owners were fantastic, we were greeted by them on arrival and left to enjoy the place by ourselves but very helpful when it come to places to eat in Healesville. As there are only 2 cottages on the property we were unaware anyone else on the property. The breakfast provisions were great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the perfect compliment to our Hot Air Ballooning experience as we got to enjoy a spectacular afternoon and evening on the balcony looking back towards Melbourne and as night fell a spectacular vision of lights appeared. Should we get the opportunity to venture back to the Yarra Valley I'd stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kate R
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I took my wife to the cottages for her birthday and just wind down and do nothing.
It was perfect, peace and quiet and no one else around. The owners just leave you to yourself but are very helpful if you need anything. The cottage it's self has everything you need and a big spa bath to sit in and drink a glass of red. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

As we parked the car we were already amazed by our surroundings. We were looking for somewhere reasonably priced for our 10th Anniversary. I chose this cottage because of the price and the pictures on the webpage. I was shocked & pleasantly surprised when we entered the cottage, for the price we paid. It was beautiful! It was secluded, quite, and it was just a relaxed atmosphere. Perfect for a quite get away. I also organised an in house massage when booking which topped off the weekend. I honestly was not ready to leave. I actually wish I booked one more night (I stayed 2 nights). Will definitely be returning in the near & far future. I highly recommend Lyrebird Cottages :)

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

This cabin was in a wonderful, remote setting. There a lots of lovely features to enjoy - especially the fireplace, spa, robes, lovely linens, the tasty supplied breakfast, excellently appointed kitchen and lovely mud brick interior features. The styling is basic but comfortable.

A couple of improvements could be made - firstly, a dining table would be a welcome addition instead of a tiny rickety table that was far too small for dinner and for scrabble (eating at the breakfast bar wasn't possible as the stools are too high and you bang your knees). Some conditioner in the bathroom wouldn't go astray either.

Thank you for having us.

Room Tip: Ask for the Mountain Ash cottage
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stacey W
StewartandTessa, Owner at Lyrebird cottages, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Thanks for your comments. We're glad to read your response to the natural surroundings, it does feel remote from the city and yet we're only one hour twenty minutes from Hoddle Street and the Eastern freeway in the city.
I agree with your remarks about the kitchen bench stools. They were custom built in Australian timber to compliment the benchtops. I always felt they were too high but assumed the professional knew what he was doing. When we read your comment I decided to cut them down to size even though Tess thought we might end up with four very expensive meditation stools. Despite Tessa's confidence in my joinery skills it worked out well. They look great under the bench and now you can even get your legs under.
As for the cafe style table, it's has a heavy marble top with a central stand and is not really meant to be a dining table. I think it looks good in the window and great to enjoy a coffee at whilst enjoying the view. I may change it for a slightly larger but still cafe style timber table if I can find a design I like.
We supply bottles of shampoo/conditioner as you would have noted not the separate shampoo and conditioner. I may change this in the future if there is a demand for it.
Again, thanks for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healesville
Chateau Yering Hotel
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
Sanctuary House Resort Motel
Sanctuary House Resort Motel
#1 of 3 in Healesville

Been to Lyrebird cottages? Share your experiences!