“Husband's birthday adventure”
Review of Hedgend Maze

Hedgend Maze
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore a beautiful 20 acres of stimulating, fun filled ACTIVITIES for all ages. Hedgend offers a creative environment that stimulates a fun personal journey for everybody. If you enjoy being active, run through our mazes and play unlimited Minigolf and Frisbee Golf. Enjoy a GAME of trust as a partner blindfolds you and navigates you through the Native Maze. Unearth dinosaur bones in the Fossil Dig. The Tangled Web will test your agility. If you enjoy visual brainteasers, you'll love the Rainbow Maze and Giant Eyespys. Analyse and solve the cryptic secret message inside the Famous Hedge Maze, or perhaps you prefer to surround yourself in nature, you'll ENJOY our magnificent panoramic views of the gorgeous Yarra Valley. Bring all your family and friends and celebrate togetherness or find an intimate spot to picnic with someone special. Experience Hedgend how you wish to spend a memorable day. We also have Laser Sport available! Laser Sport is an experience a LIVE adrenaline fuelled version of Call Of Duty, in an outdoor battlefield. Laser Sport can be described as a combination of modern computer games and military training scenarios, where players work with a strong emphasis on tactics, stealth and strategy in order to WIN missions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a large group of adults for my husband's birthday. We loved the Maze. Brilliant fun. We want to go back to play the Laser Tag!!! Thanks so much to Lea for all her help organizing our brilliant day!

1  Thank Juliet_Ryan
Lea B, Owner at Hedgend Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Juliet, it was so fun meeting you and all your friends and family. They were a hoot. Im sure you loved the unique secret message we popped in the maze. So who was the winner? Hope your husband had the best birthday ever!
Take care and keep that beautiful energy of yours, flowing!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We got married here 3 years ago, and despite the abysmal weather (flooding and bush fires, perfect weather for a wedding *sarcasm*), the event itself was memorable.
We recently returned with a toddler who had an amazing time running around the field and maze. Was happy to see that some things that were being planned when we got married have come to fruition (the kids maze), but a little sad to see the giant chess board gone.

Lea B, Owner at Hedgend Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Zandra, welcome back. You brought your family with you - David and you have a little girl! Congratulations. Arent kids awesome!! I wish I caught you to say a brief hello.
Yes the weather was amazing during your weather - didnt seem to dampen the spirit of the event in anyway!
Glad you like the changes, we always have something going on... and the giant checker board.... It went with that terrible weather, I am afraid. Youll love what we have instal for the future, though.
...... Drum Role............
You have to come back and visit us to reveal it!!
Take care, and great to hear from you!
Lea xo

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Coffee was WAY too hot/burnt. Have you ever had a nice coffee? Maybe visit some other cafes in town. It's important to remember that the atmosphere and hospitality can make or brake. Unfortunately the atmosphere was dismal and we will not be returning or recommending to friends and family

Lea B, Owner at Hedgend Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi, Thanks for your review on our coffee. I am sorry you felt this way. Perhaps if you could have let us know at the time, we could have made you another. If you'd like to return, I'll personally make you another coffee and show you what we can really present. Our coffee is organic and fair trade from Byron Bay Coffee. We also use organic milk, unless you ordered soy. It should have been a beautiful experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I visited Hedgend Maze with my partner (we are both in our twenties) as a part of a trip around Healesville. Like other reviewers, I don't think it is worth a dedicated trip. Though it was interesting, it was definitely oriented towards children. We spent some time at one of the features, which was a mural with hidden items for you to find. The food was also rather underwhelming, and though it wasn't bad, it was expensively priced for its relative quality. Just to clarify, it was more of a cafe than a restaurant. Possibly worth visiting for the novelty factor, but I wouldn't go expecting too much.

1  Thank noots404

Hi Noots404,
Thanks for your honest opinion. You are absolutely correct - we are a family destination, catering for kids and parents to run wild, exploring our adventure park framework, learning about each other and having a whole lot of fun, together.
Another thing you've highlighted is the 'cafe', feature. Yes, it is a cafe facility with cafe food, not a restaurant. Did you know we grow alot of our own produce for the cafe on the property? And we use organic, fresh produce from other local suppliers. However, if you were looking for a restaurant experience, there are so many to choose from in this region. I recommend Tarrawarra, Stones, Healesville Hotel for a start. You will definitely get an amazing restaurant experience from either of these choices, if that is what you are after.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had my brother's birthday party here and the kids had a ball. The place itself is great - the kids loved the activities and so did the adults to be honest! I particularly liked checking out the kitchen garden and chickens. Only minor complaint is that the staff were...just OK. They were nice enough but didn't seem to have much passion. The party host was friendly but didn't go out of her way to make sure the kids had a great time, which was a shame as this would have made it even more fun for them. I would definitely go back, not for the staff but for the activities, the views and the food.

1  Thank Jessica P
Lea B, Owner at Hedgend Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Jessica, thanks for the review. Sorry about the lack of enthusiasm for the party with regard to my staff member. I remember the day, and our usual bubbly party leader was sick and my staff member that worked on her behalf was thrown in the deep end. She doesn't to parties - that was her first experience. She provided the product well, the kids had a ball, but unfortunately I learnt from that experience that she had a hard gig. She was put out of her comfort zone. It takes a lot of confidence to host an excitable bunch of kids. And not all of us have that natural ability. So I apologise. On a good note, I have dedicated staff that step out of their comfort zone when the tough gets going and pitches in, best to their ability. Look forward seeing you back.