Jade Kingdom Chinese & Malaysian Restaurant B.Y.O. & Fast Food & Take Away
Ranked #19 of 64 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Melbourne, Australia
“A fantastic Food Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been eating the Malaysian Delights & Hawker Style meals for over 25 years, and still we keep coming back.,we have moved out of the area and travel at least once per month to feast on the delights
Jenny and the staff are very welcoming, always great the customers with a genuine smile
Food is of extreme quality, variety & serves are generous Prices are also very competitive
restaurants and eateries in the vicinity have come and gone , but Jade Kingdom has out lasted them all .

• Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“It's all about the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

It's an ordinary looking restaurant and Melbourne's suburbs so it's definitely not the atmosphere/ambience that would drag you out to Heidelberg Heights. The food, if you love Malaysian, is seriously worth it.

Can't believe we've been living only a few kilometers from this place for years and only just discovered it. Will certainly be the local favorite now.

Came across it doing a search for Melbourne's best Malaysian. Alvin of Masterchef fame a few years back had nominated as the best ahead of Mamak in the city - huge recommendation

Have to say, I'm with Alvin. Certainly not trendy - in fact, pretty draggy, but the food and prices are spot on and it has all the big favorites.

Roti Chani, satays, laksa, char kueh teow, sambal just about everything, nasi lemak, gado gado ....

Beef rendang - $16 for a huge serve - was sensational.

It serves Chinese dishes as well but I don't think I'll ever be able to go past the awesome Malaysian taste sensations.

Finding this place has made my weekend!

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Malaysian style food....and that's all about it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've used to come to this place quite regularly many years ago (back when they were two shops down from where they are now), but I haven't been back to this place for a long while. So it is due time for another visit.

My initial impression were that, nothing have changed much, décor wise are the same with pastel pink coloured walls and half wood panelling, formica laminated tables with plastic backing chairs. But on saying that, most people comes here for their great tasting food & not so much of a fine dining experience.

Now the best part of this place are their food, their menu haven't changed much, the popular dishes still remains plus a few new addition to the menu. Throughout my course of visit here I would estimate that I've tried about 60% of their offerings, I can honestly says that the quality of the dishes are very consistent and in high standard, from their noodles to their main dishes, although I must confess that I'm not a big fan of Asian desserts so I can't really comment on that section.

Where the food shines the rest is lagging behind, our food came out on plates that were chipped, teapots with visible cracks, we were offered plastic plates, bowls & cups to use. Bear in mind that this is not a fine dining restaurant, the reason that I've mentioned this is that their prices are more dearer than most suburban restaurants, so one would expect a little bit more attention to details.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers who viewed Jade Kingdom Chinese & Malaysian Restaurant B.Y.O. & Fast Food & Take Away also viewed

Bundoora, Greater Melbourne
Heidelberg, Banyule

Been to Jade Kingdom Chinese & Malaysian Restaurant B.Y.O. & Fast Food & Take Away? Share your experiences!