“Jamieson Brewery”
Review of Jamieson Brewery

Jamieson Brewery
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Jamieson
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This little Craftbeer brewery and bistro is nestled alongside the Goulburn Arm of Lake Eildon. Recently this has been a lake, but more often a lovely trout stream. The beer made at the Jamieson Brewery is very tasty. The Raspberry Ale and The Beast being my favourites. The bistro has good solid county pub meals. Jamieson and the brewery is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

After years of visiting here regularly we can no longer come here after Sundays experience. The most appalling kids meal was presented to me, when I queried it I was told it was a regular child's portion. Regular if your child is a two year old. When I complained I was offered a refund! Because what would help more than a ramekin sized portion of food served with 7 chips would be no food at all!

This was followed by the manageress being too busy to see us until we were leaving and to top it all off the staff at the counter lying about my complaint to her.

Little did the manageress know she had already encountered our group during a bar service when we asked for water for the kids. Response was that the water is from the lake and we should buy bottled water. Wow, in breach of the law ( making a separate complaint there). Since 2010 licensed venues that supply alcohol for consumption on-site are required to provide free drinking water to their patrons.

We were going to this place when the lake was down and it was quiet. Obviously times are good here, kids portions are one quarter an adult portion, no longer served with salad. For half the price of an adult serving. New Jamieson Brewery moto must be to extort from the customer as much as possible while giving as little as possible.

3  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here to sample the beer and enjoy a meal. The tasting paddle was a great way to sample their beers ($18 for six), though we found that their beers didn't taste quite as good in the bottle!!! Our meals arrived promptly and were very tasty; good value for the price and lovely fresh produce.
The atmosphere inside is perhaps a little lacking, but you can see how it would be nice to sit outside in warmer weather and enjoy the view. Our service was prompt, but as it got busier there were quite a few people waiting to order etc.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Old pub on edge of Eildon lake. Meals were average, I had minestrone soup , partner had chicken snitzel. Average prices. Brewery produces beers to taste , buy and takeaway. Friendly staff. Brewery not in action when we were there on a weekend.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We travelled a long way on a long and winding road for miles in the quest for the promised home-style beer with picture perfect presentation but was left sadly lacking and FLAT. Although we did enjoy the raspberry beer!

1  Thank redshoes_007