“A Catch-Up”
Review of Yarra Valley Motel

Yarra Valley Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lilydale
Reviewed 16 October 2012

From the moment I walked into the reception area there was such a friendly aura surrounding this Motel. It was in close proximity to the town and most of all my favourite chinese restaurant. The room was absolutely spotless and the owners have gone out of their way to ensure that they are well equipped - the little extra's such as microwave, wine glasses, plates and crockery etc plus a fully stocked bar were all unexpected extra's. Definitely value for money and well worth a stay if your in this area. For me personally - I will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 798Sam

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in a twin room. My cousin stayed one night. The room was clean, the staff both helpful and friendly. They were very accommodating with offering a hobless shower as I have a disability. The bathroom was very modern. A really pleasant place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Have just stayed 2 nights in this motel. Owners very friendly with a nothings too much trouble attitude. Spa rooms are very big, perhaps a little dated but spotlessly clean. Breakfast served piping hot is delivered to the room and was very good.

Room Tip: Spa rooms offer plenty of room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2012

After a three night stay my wife and I could not have been any more pleased with our decision to book into this motel. We felt we received value for money with our accommodation. We were also provided with an added bonus in the form of very considerate and helpful hosts who were prepared give that little extra.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

stayed overnight for a wedding in the area, we are from melbourne but live on the peninsula so to avoid the long drive home we stayed there, the rooms are clean and tidy a little outdated for the price, but the room has everything you need and the twin is spacious with a big bathroom.
The best thing about the hotel is the very friendly staff they made it a joy and when we asked for advise on where to eat breakfast he sent us to the nicest cafe (paperbark cafe), would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank carlajane42
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We booked the motel for a 1 night stay. Unfortunately during the booking process online I did make a mistake and the booking date was wrong. I received a call if we were still showing up, to discover the mistake. It was very courteous of them to call, instead of charging a "no show" immediately. They didn't have a standard room, but they offered us the spa room for a 180A$. We only had to pay the difference (70A$). The roomrate is quite high for a motel, but we were happy they offered this service.
Upon arrival we found out the reverse cycle heater/airco wasn't working. Therefore it was difficult to heat the room. There was nothing else we could do about, since reception was closed and they left our key in the room (we arrived after 2100 hours). We weren't able to heat up the room, since the only thing present was a little portable heater.
The room was quite big, with a whopping LCD screen. However the room really looked outdated and need some LTC. We thought the price for this room is far too much. We considered taking a hot bath (since we now had the spa room) however the spa wasn't very attractive, looked really hot and there was still some water in it. It just is a very old, unattractive spa, and the bathroom looks run down too.
The room and the sheets etc. were clean, the bathroom wasn't attractive, heating didn't work and we haven't been the first to mention it, while the heater was on 33 when we arrived and it was still cold in the room. The fan of the reverse cycle was also broken. We mentioned it in the morning, but they didn't really seem to be doing anything about or acknowledged our discomfort.
Location is good, the service was good, if I would have stayed in a standard room for 110A$ it would have been okay. Now I think I was overcharged and I would say the spa room isn't worth that money and you might be disappointed if you think you will have a bit of luxury.
Having said that, they were kind to not charge us the room for the unintentional "no show". So I guess they have good service, I just hope they refurbish the rooms and update the spa - since this was not up to scratch.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ronnie66
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and 2 year old son to visit Puffing Billy, Healesville Sanctuary and some wineries on our 10 day vacation to Melbourne. We had stayed for a few nights in a big city hotel where the service was "cold" and very slow.
When I arrived at this hotel, the owner was happy to chat and share his knowledge about the area. When we realised that it will be a tight squeeze to fit 2 adults and a toddler on a queen sized bed, the owner was quick (he actually ran over) to provide us with a portable cot at no extra charge.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lilydale
Yarra Valley Lodge
#2 of 3 in Yarra Glen
Healesville Motor Inn
Healesville Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Healesville

Been to Yarra Valley Motel? Share your experiences!