“Surprising!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Surprising!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Must say I was very surprised to find this lovely cafe tucked away in the back streets of lilydale! A friend took me for birthday breakfast, had a really lovely meal.
Have been back several times since and sadly the same meal has been very very inconsistent in size and quality. Every time I have ordered the avocado and goats cheese on sour dough, with tomatoes, there has been huge variations in size and whether or not you actually get any goats cheese on it! Once there was actually none and I pointed it out, I was told it was mashed in the avocado. I'm no idiot, there was none there.sometimes service can be really slow too and hard to get a waiters attention.
Not sure if I'll go back, nothing worse than not knowing if it is a " good chef" or not so good chef in the kitchen on the day. Shame, as it has real potential but there needs to be consistency.

• Visited March 2014

Lilydale, Australia
“The local General”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There is nothing general about this cafe. The service is restaurant style, the food is fresh and tasty, well presented and healthy. The coffee is good too. Decor is fresh with white cafe chairs, timber tables tops and an odd collection of vintage items. The only thing I struggle with is how noisy it is. Ell. S.

• Visited March 2014
Doncaster East, Australia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nestled in the middle of an Industrial Estate, the Lilydale General is one of my favourite eateries in the Lilydale area. The menu offers an interesting variety including numerous gluten free items. The staff are all extremely friendly and efficient and I believe that the Liydale General offers good value for money.

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Sat there for an hour waiting for food - we had to ask where it was they said they forgot. Then finally got the food and the eggs weren't even cooked! The waitress was rude and gave us a mean look when we left as we couldn't even finish our meals. So disappointed as I normally love it here.

Melbourne, Australia
“They know what they're doing”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Imaginative menu, local produce, well priced, great speedy service. Lots of great lunch choices. Plenty of gluten free options too. Check it out.