“Nice surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been here a couple of times to meet a friend that works in the estate across the road and while I have only had coffee and a pastry each time I was pleasantly surprised with it. Prices are a little steep for out in the burbs and considering it is in an industrial estate but seems like a lot of people are happy to pay city prices, so good luck to them seems to be working well.

• Visited April 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“OMG! One of the best”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

You will be gobsmack to find this little gem in an industrial estate of lilydale. The food is superb with a great variety and daily specials. Have been there four times for breakfast even though it was lunch time. Scrambled eggs were amazing and the coffee the best with a variety of beans to choose from. Downside you need to book the day before to be sure you get a table on a weekend. Not been during the week so don't know how busy it is. Other negative is because it is packed service can be slow be prepared for a wait - but its worth it.

Melbourne, Australia
“What a shame”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I met a friend for lunch there today on the recommendation of another friend. Whilst the menu is varied and extremely fresh. What I really did not like was that I order something and the wrong thing is brought to the table. When I queried this the young waiter argued with me about what I ordered.

Service vanished because I think they were miffed that I didn't want what was brought.

That being said the Salad had absolutely no dressing on it, and whilst I like my vegetables raw, a bit of dressing would also have been nice.

No-one came clear our table nor ask if we would like coffee or tea, so we left and went elsewhere for coffee and desert.

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Surprising!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Must say I was very surprised to find this lovely cafe tucked away in the back streets of lilydale! A friend took me for birthday breakfast, had a really lovely meal.
Have been back several times since and sadly the same meal has been very very inconsistent in size and quality. Every time I have ordered the avocado and goats cheese on sour dough, with tomatoes, there has been huge variations in size and whether or not you actually get any goats cheese on it! Once there was actually none and I pointed it out, I was told it was mashed in the avocado. I'm no idiot, there was none there.sometimes service can be really slow too and hard to get a waiters attention.
Not sure if I'll go back, nothing worse than not knowing if it is a " good chef" or not so good chef in the kitchen on the day. Shame, as it has real potential but there needs to be consistency.

• Visited March 2014
Lilydale, Australia
“The local General”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There is nothing general about this cafe. The service is restaurant style, the food is fresh and tasty, well presented and healthy. The coffee is good too. Decor is fresh with white cafe chairs, timber tables tops and an odd collection of vintage items. The only thing I struggle with is how noisy it is. Ell. S.

• Visited March 2014