“2 Hour Ride, only wish I could have stayed longer”

Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Mansfield
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer horse trail rides in the high country starting from our family farm. Our rides vary in length from 1 hour through to 5 days. Many of our rides visit the famous jump scene from the Man from Snowy River movie and we often see much wild life. Feature rides include a winery ride, 2 day and 5 day luxury rides. We are open 7 days a week all year round.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner Charlie and I booked a 2 hour ride and it was fabulous. Brilliant friendly guide, relaxed and fun, horses perfect condition and well suited. Blessed with beautiful sun shiny day etc. The Kookaburas Laughed at my riding!
Just a perfect Morning and I only wish we'd booked earlier to have stayed longer.... loved every second of it :-)
Thank you for a forever memorable day... we'll be back one day!

1  Thank toya c
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your ride experience with us. We are so pleased you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you back some time. Michael, Sally and the team at Watson's

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just back from 2 day ride. Fabulous experience, something a bit different. We all really enjoyed it. Horses are beautiful and obviously well cared for. Staff were friendly, relaxed and helpful. Countryside rugged and lovely. Michael and Sally were both really helpful beforehand with sending info etc as we came from interstae and didn't have a clue where we were going! Wonderful trip and something we will talk about for a long time. Accommodation tidy and spotless. Hopefully will be back. :)

1  Thank Pam M
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thanks Pam for taking the time to review your ride and we are so pleased you had a great time. We look forward to welcoming you back some time. Michael and Sally

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I think we may have come at a bad time. My friend and I had been looking forward to this for close to a year and while the country side and the horses were absolutely outstanding, certain aspects of this stay were not at all what I expected. We went on the two day ride. The accommodation is fine. What surprised me is that there was no actual welcome, just come in, what's your surname, you are in bunk room X and away went our host with nary a further word. People arrived at all hours, including a family at 1am of all times and totally destroyed everyone's sleep. Next day we were paired up with our horses. Novices were supposed to hang back, there was a trotting group and an advanced group. No one took the time to explain trail etiquette and the behaviour of some of the riders was utterly disgraceful; pushing ahead in line, cutting you off, no control over their horses to the point where two novices were allowed to crush my horse between theirs and I was almost bitten. When the groups split up no one seemed to care that rider who CLEARLY had never been on a horse before decided she wanted to be The Man From Snowy River and joined the canter group, despite this being pointed out by two of us to the guides. Thank god the horses are as good as they are because any other place she could have killed herself, and caused danger to others. I really think they need to reinforce what is acceptable behaviour to any group who rides, and insist that beginners do NOT join the advanced riders where they caused serious tension through their lack of basic trail manners. Another huge disappointment was we got no history on the property, no explanation of the area we were in, nothing. I know to them it's very basic stuff, but I think a lot of people are really interested in that sort of thing, I know I was. The horses are VERY well cared for and are lovely. I honestly think we came at a bad time with something else going on because I definitely didn't get the sort of welcome and ride that everyone else is talking about on here. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. Just this time I won't expect a five star rated stay.

3  Thank Maggies_lens
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your tour with us. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we share your concerns and will take them on board. Best regards Michael and Sally

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Micahel Watson and staff are exceptional and my experience riding with them was nothing short of amazing. The horses are well cared for and the ride tailored to your own experience. Beautiful scenery and wildlife along the track, lots of history, and of course perfect for any Man From Snowy River film buffs. Michael joined the ride and was a pleasure to chat with, offering all sorts of info and stories. I will definitely return to ride again and recommend Watsons to anyone wanting an authentic high country experience. A highlight of our trip.

Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for the terrific feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so and so pleased you enjoyed your ride so much. Cheers Michael and Sally

Reviewed 17 November 2013

All aspects of this ride were excellent including the horses, Michael and staff, our accomodation and the wonderful food. Each day was different and sometimes challenging for some but everyone was very well catered for. If you are thinking about an experience like this "Just Do It"

Thank you for the terrific review. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so and are so please you had such a great time. All the best Michael and Sally.