“3 day 2 night Howqua River Ride”

Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 18 things to do in Mansfield
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer horse trail rides in the high country starting from our family farm. Our rides vary in length from 1 hour through to 5 days. Many of our rides visit the famous jump scene from the Man from Snowy River movie and we often see much wild life. Feature rides include a winery ride, 2 day and 5 day luxury rides. We are open 7 days a week all year round.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My Auntie, Dad, and I had a great time during our second ride with Watson's Trail Rides. Everyone on the trip got along well and the staff who were with us out were fantastic. I would definitely recommend a 3 day ride to anyone especially with the staff from Watson's. I would especially like to thank Geordie (my horse) who was fantastic. They do a fantastic job of pairing you up with the right horse for you. Again, thanks to the staff who joined us from the 15th to the 17th of April because they were just so fantastic. We had plenty to eat and never when went hungry. The accommodation was also good. So, thanks to the team at Watson's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Jacob P
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks Jacob for such great feedback we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back on another trip. Cheers Michael, Sally and the team at Watsons

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My sister and I had a truly wonderful weekend riding great horses ( love you Coal ) through some amazing Aussie countryside including some spectacular views !

Met some great people also, all very friendly, including the staff of course who were very helpful. Couldnt fault the accommodation, nice, rustic and so clean and tidy ! Food also was good.

Caters for all levels of riders. Had some great canters which I loved. My sister hadnt ridden for many years but it didnt take her long to get back into it... ....Now Ive just got to work out when I can return :)

2  Thank Bridiex123
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your horse ride with us it is very much appreciated. We are so pleased you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you back. Michael, Sally and the team at Watsons.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time on our two day ride. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the horse's were great and matched fairly well to the rider and it was no trouble for Michael to change a horse if you were not happy. The people we shared the accommodation with were really nice and we all got along very well. The scenery was magnificent and when we got to the top of the hill and saw the hill the man from snowy river rode down it put everything into perspective. The views from the top of the hill were amazing and the staff were only to happy to take photo's of you and move the horse's into position. This weekend was something I had wanted to do since I saw the movie "Man from snowy river" and it was amazing. Our bodies were sore for a few days but after a day's rest we were better ( we had not ridden for a long time). Thank you to all the staff and organiser's for a great weekend and your company.

1  Thank Robyn R
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thanks Robyn for taking the time for this lovely review and we are so pleased you had a great time. Michael, Sally and the Team.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We throughly loved every minute of our 5 day horse trek with our family of 9 with ages ranging from 14 to 72. The horses chosen for us were a perfect fit - they are very well cared for and loved. We slept in a a swag for the first night under the stars, truly magical. The Stockyard Creek homestead for the next 2 nights was great, There were rides with fabulous cantering through the bush and many crossings over the Howqua River. We learnt about the history of the area. We saw a koala, kangaroos, cockatoos and kookaburra's who laughed non stop at us! Not a brown snake to be seen. Our hosts and guides, Michael and Sally Watson and Dale and Mick were all outstanding in every way, attending to all our needs. Michael is a superb guide. We are now making plans for a repeat holiday of a lifetime. Tips - take a sleeping bag liner.

3  Thank ACMFAuckland
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us. We are delighted you enjoyed it so much and very much look forward to welcoming you back. All the best from Michael, Sally and the team.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner Charlie and I booked a 2 hour ride and it was fabulous. Brilliant friendly guide, relaxed and fun, horses perfect condition and well suited. Blessed with beautiful sun shiny day etc. The Kookaburas Laughed at my riding!
Just a perfect Morning and I only wish we'd booked earlier to have stayed longer.... loved every second of it :-)
Thank you for a forever memorable day... we'll be back one day!

1  Thank toya c
Michael_and_Sally, Owner at Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your ride experience with us. We are so pleased you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you back some time. Michael, Sally and the team at Watson's