“THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD”
Review of Mornington Motel

Mornington Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mornington
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have never been spoken to by a business person as I have by the owner of this motel. My experience was disgusting and it makes me so upset that people can be allowed to treat customers as this owner did me......
After booking over the phone for 2 nights I was asked what time I expected to arrive and check in and I said around 7pm on a Friday night. I was never told though that they ask this because the reception shuts at 6:30pm (?!) Given I drove from the city on a Friday night the traffic was terrible and I was on track to arrive at around 8:30pm instead. At 8pm I received a VERY abusive and intensely rude phone call from the owner demanding to know my whereabouts as I had not arrived at the exact time I had approximated. When I said I wasn't told the the reception closed at 6:30pm and that I didn't appreciate his accusatory and aggressive tone he proceeded to shout at me telling me he didn't want people 'like me' staying at his hotel and that I was not welcome to stay anymore. Given I had paid upfront and had received absolutely no information on their opening hours or any confirmation of booking fail etc I was flabbergasted that he was so unfairly and unreasonably aggressive. If I had realised you could not check in past 6:30 I would not have chosen this motel as that is not a reasonable time to get there from Melbourne after work. To then be rung and abused - and then left STRANDED half way to Mornington with no hotel was absolutely disgusting. I then had to turn around and return home at 8pm at night as everywhere in Mornington was heavily booked for the weekend. I have never been so shaken up in my life. Disgusting. These people have absolutely no right to speak/treat guests like this - and when they do expect that people are going to sit back and be 'told off' by a motel owner for checking in when is convenient to me as a paying guest. I implore anyone to avoid this disgracefully run motel at all costs. TERRIBLE.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
25 Thank Sian T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband (70) and I (65) stayed here for four nights in June. We were a bit concerned after reading some of the reveiws. Well we worried for nothing...Room was serviced daily, clean towels etc..Has toaster, jug, Microwave, plates cups, cultury etc. .The reverse cycle heat pump was just wonderful, electric blankets on beds which we did not need to use as the room was very warm... got a bit cold in the toilet area but one did not hang around there.Check in went really smoothly, staff were just great.. short walk into Mornington Centre ( 10-15 mins) but five minutes walk up the road on left is an Aldies and in that complex was a Woolworths, fruit shop, bakery, chemist, etc. Airport direct bus picks up from outside Motel $64.oo one way for two pensioners...Takes about two and half hours to get there but you see a bit of Melbourne...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank gingermegs52
Kiama, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is the closest accomodation to the Mornington CBD, a 10 minute walk or so. Neat, clean, tidy, accomodation. Rooms are well appointed for the overnight stay or short holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter I
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed here with my 3 children in December to visit family in the area for Christmas. We stayed in the upstairs Pool Deluxe suite which has 2 lovely bedrooms and a kitchenette and sitting area. The furnishings are very nice and modern and there are large flat screen TV's, the beds are really comfortable and it was all extremely clean. There is a pool and deck chairs which the kids enjoyed. The owners were lovely, very welcoming, friendly and were accomodating of the children. We stayed over Christmas Day and the owners were helpful with some last minute things we needed, despite having their own family visit. They also gave us a couple of excellent restaurant recommendations and the location is great as you can walk 5 minutes down the road and you are in town. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed here for one night whilst my elderly mother was in hospital up the road. Upon arrival I was asked why I was here and was there anythingthey could help with. The room was beautifully clean and the bed and day bed come couch were both extremely comfortable.

As Im a techno challenged I couldnt work out how to use DVD and went and asked for assistance whicxh was prompty given.

I was happily given a late check out to 11am which was great as I was very tired.

A great experience all round.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 it was great
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
bairnsdale
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Checked in older motel very clean and well appointed I paid extra for a king bed.
THE ROOM WAS SOOOO COLD I SAT FOR AGES WITH A RUG AROUND ME HOPING THE HEATING WOULD HEAT.
i WENT TO RECEPTION AND ASKED FOR A HEATER THEY HAD NONE.
When you left the room the power went off so if we had gone to dinner we would have been back to -0. So we checked out.
We were given a full refund as we were there for approx 20 mins.
Do not stay in winter. I think the cooling could also be a problem in summer.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rogerbairnsdale
Melbourne
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed here for one night while on a work trip.

You have to check in before 8pm otherwise the reception will be shut and, after 8:30, the security gate closes and there's noone to let you in (you are given a security remote to operate the gate if you manage to get there while reception us open). No exceptions. This complete lack of flexibility is unacceptable. I had to rush to get there from the CBD to make this deadline.

The rooms were basic and clean however the heating is permanently set on one low setting which sucks when it's 4 degrees outside as it wad the night I stayed. To make it worse, the room was draughty with the toilet and bathroom windows being the type of louvres which are always slightly open.

The friendless of the two staff I met saved this place from being completely slated in this review.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mornington
Best Western Plus Brooklands Of Mornington
#2 of 27 in Mornington Peninsula
Woodman Estate
Woodman Estate
#1 of 1 in Moorooduc

Been to Mornington Motel? Share your experiences!