“Convenient location and good value”
Review of Mornington Motel

Mornington Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mornington
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Mornington Motel during December. It was very clean and comfortable and good value for money. We liked the location because it was walking distance to the Mornington shops if you wanted to leave your car behind.....the shopping centre has something to suit everyone and great places to eat too. The Motel is on a busy road but that didn't cause us any problems and it was a convenient location to be based when exploring the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I recently stayed in Mornington for business and stayed at this very comfortable motel.Rooms are clean and well stocked and the location is wonderful..walking distance to middle of town.Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Excellent value and will stay again.

Room Tip: Roomas are not huge but all are off main road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay, smallish but very comfortable and clean room with all necessities and some extras, microwave, toaster, DVD player and milo. Staff very helpful when needing extras and when we locked ourselves out of room after hours by accident!. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed 3 nights for business in Mornington. Well equipped room. Room service correct. Quiet at night. Close to shops. Excellent prize. Towels were changed daily if requested. Tea, coffee, sugar and milk topped up as well. Wi-Fi is not free though, you buy a voucher. I bought a $10 voucher and was enough for my needs (emailing). I would recommend it for a business stay only as for a couple is possibly too small and not so cosy.

Room Tip: End rooms are quieter (near the pool)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have never been spoken to by a business person as I have by the owner of this motel. My experience was disgusting and it makes me so upset that people can be allowed to treat customers as this owner did me......
After booking over the phone for 2 nights I was asked what time I expected to arrive and check in and I said around 7pm on a Friday night. I was never told though that they ask this because the reception shuts at 6:30pm (?!) Given I drove from the city on a Friday night the traffic was terrible and I was on track to arrive at around 8:30pm instead. At 8pm I received a VERY abusive and intensely rude phone call from the owner demanding to know my whereabouts as I had not arrived at the exact time I had approximated. When I said I wasn't told the the reception closed at 6:30pm and that I didn't appreciate his accusatory and aggressive tone he proceeded to shout at me telling me he didn't want people 'like me' staying at his hotel and that I was not welcome to stay anymore. Given I had paid upfront and had received absolutely no information on their opening hours or any confirmation of booking fail etc I was flabbergasted that he was so unfairly and unreasonably aggressive. If I had realised you could not check in past 6:30 I would not have chosen this motel as that is not a reasonable time to get there from Melbourne after work. To then be rung and abused - and then left STRANDED half way to Mornington with no hotel was absolutely disgusting. I then had to turn around and return home at 8pm at night as everywhere in Mornington was heavily booked for the weekend. I have never been so shaken up in my life. Disgusting. These people have absolutely no right to speak/treat guests like this - and when they do expect that people are going to sit back and be 'told off' by a motel owner for checking in when is convenient to me as a paying guest. I implore anyone to avoid this disgracefully run motel at all costs. TERRIBLE.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
25  Thank Sian T
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband (70) and I (65) stayed here for four nights in June. We were a bit concerned after reading some of the reveiws. Well we worried for nothing...Room was serviced daily, clean towels etc..Has toaster, jug, Microwave, plates cups, cultury etc. .The reverse cycle heat pump was just wonderful, electric blankets on beds which we did not need to use as the room was very warm... got a bit cold in the toilet area but one did not hang around there.Check in went really smoothly, staff were just great.. short walk into Mornington Centre ( 10-15 mins) but five minutes walk up the road on left is an Aldies and in that complex was a Woolworths, fruit shop, bakery, chemist, etc. Airport direct bus picks up from outside Motel $64.oo one way for two pensioners...Takes about two and half hours to get there but you see a bit of Melbourne...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gingermegs52
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is the closest accomodation to the Mornington CBD, a 10 minute walk or so. Neat, clean, tidy, accomodation. Rooms are well appointed for the overnight stay or short holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mornington
Brooklands Of Mornington
Bay Motel Safety Beach
Bay Motel Safety Beach
#2 of 28 in Mornington Peninsula
Peppers Moonah Links Resort

Been to Mornington Motel? Share your experiences!