“A none starter”

Ranked #55 of 151 Restaurants in Mornington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We picked a busy night and the service seemed to suffer somewhat for this. The waitress who eventually came and took our order was really bubbly, friendly, and apologetic about the wait - the only highlight in an ordinary evening. The food was just large-portion pub fare, overpriced as well; my roast of the day was totally lacking in flavour, most disappointing. The gravy tasted like it was made from an instant mix, the vegetables were mushy and bland. All this in a rowdy, cafeteria style setting ... I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I am struggling to find anything positive to say. Vastly overpriced; dreadfully slow; extremely noisy; and mediocre food. Restaurant prices for basic pub food ($38 for a small porterhouse with a few chips and bland vegetables).

Very strange that Seniors menu stops at 7pm on Friday and Saturday nights too.

Until they lift their game, they have wasted a lot of money on their recent refurbishment.

However, it is child-friendly (in fact it was like eating in McDonalds), so maybe that is where their market target lies.

1  Thank Mariner2
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was a regular visitor here several years ago and wanted to see the changes made. I was part of a group of 10 for a mid week lunch and it was very busy. Meals were ordered but the wait was unbelievably long, plus some choices were not available and substitutions were offered. The food was disappointing to say the least. Even the roast of the day was a machine cut slice of meat with dried up vegetables underneath. Could be so much better.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Visited this restaurant last Friday night as has recently been refurnished, the last time we went we said we would never go again! Well nothing much has changed apart from the decor-the staff are still increadably rude. We arrived to a a half full restaurant to be told there wre not seats available and there where not reservation signs on any of the tables,not even offered to sit at the bar to order a drink and wait. The head female manager just wanted us out and there was only myself and my husband.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Steeples is next to Mornington Racecourse, and in addition to the restaurant it has a sports bar with TAB. We had a pleasant lunch in the patio area. Staff were welcoming and attentive. I found the food plain, which may suit their mainly older customer base, but I found rather bland.