“Fun Riding Experience.”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun Riding Experience.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I wanted to go riding as I hadn't been in awhile and this was the first stable that popped up on google. What mostly drew me to this stables was that on the website it said you could trot and canter. When calling, the owner took down my reservations and answered my questions and I didn't get the same attitude from most of the reviewers although she wasn't the most friendly person I've ever spoken to, but it certainly didn't hold me back at all from booking a reservation.

We were booked for the 1:30 ride but I called at noon asking to change it to later in the evening due to the heat. They were fine with that & we switched to 6:00pm.

When talking to the owner, she recommended that we do a private ride since it would give us more of a chance to trot and canter so we decided to do that.

When we arrived we were asked if we could have one other guy come on our ride but they told us if we really didn't want him to he didn't have to. I was annoyed at first because I thought that the price should have been dropped but honestly it worked out as he was an experienced rider like myself & my partner wasn't at all so it was fine. He even gave my partner tips since it was only his 2nd time on a horse.

The trail was a bit muddy but the scenery was beautiful. We got to trot quite a few times and even got to canter a good distance, which I LOVED! Taking lessons for most of my whole life, trail rides are BORRRING. My partner on the otherhand didn't feel comfortable trotting and the guide had him walk up the hill ahead of us while we did our fun run.

I had no problem with the horses. My horse Cinnamon did try to lead me into some trees once but was able to be corrected and listened to me without much fuss. To those complaining about the activity of the horses misbehaving..they are animals with their own mind. I would recommend when making your reservation make sure that they know you are a beginner or scared, whatever so they can match you with the appropriate horse.

I am very glad we did a "private" ride vs the group ride since the group who got back before we started had around ten people! All in all, I didn't have a problem with the place and had a great time! I would go back in the future. It's the only trail barn I've ever been to that has allowed me to canter and do our own thing in a way.

About the tipping, the only time they mentioned it was when we swipped our cards to pay. She asked if we wanted to put our tip on it. I told her we had cash for the tip and they left it like that (We tipped our guide 20 bucks)

OH!! I also got to ride English!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank themarchlands

Nashville, Tennessee
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great ride! Family friendly!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have 3 small children and took them riding... We were able to double up with our 3 & 2 year old and our 5 year old was able to ride with an instructor... The 5 year old could of rode by herself, but we chose to let her ride with an instructor since she had never done it before and they said the horse we used were not so great for kids! They were honest and we appreciate that!

Visited March 2014
Cheshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do go here! Great ride out, fantastic guide, excellent value!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Do not listen to the any bad reviews on Juro stables. I went with 3 friends. I ride but they are novices. I asked for a spirited horse which they were more than happy to give me. I rode Baby doll, shes small but a little wizz. I wanted to have a gallop So was sent off on my own round a loop to have a gallop on my own ,while the guide, Mike , walked with the other 3. Very enjoyable. Always wanted to ride western style & loved every minute. Mike looked after us very well, very friendly & chatty. As was everyone at the stables, so we can't understand the bad reviews at all. Very good value too. Just $25 each for the hour. Which was a nice amount of time. Would definetly recommend & we are loving our holiday in down town Nashville. When we return we will go back to juro!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sophie1111B
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO HERE”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The horses are mean, most of the staff is unfriendly, and the barn manager is rude. Our guide was was a nice guy, but nothing was going to salvage my money. There are much better stables around, that obviously treat there horses better.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank David G
Ennis, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“All we need is a bit of a chat!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

So, we went to Nashville and had contacted the Juro stables about a trek. On the phone and on arriving they were all lovely and very professional while also informal.

The trek through the woods was beautiful and the wildlife that we saw on the way would take your breath away. So to begin with, yes I did enjoy it.

However, just a few things,

on the trek which was nice and relaxing, I personally found the guide to be very lacking, not an ounce of conversation from her, she appeared dis interested and was on her phone for the duration of the trek.
I would not say I am an experienced rider but I am able to trot,canter etc. and I would have liked to have had a little one of either to break up the monotonous of just a slow walk throughout and to create a little excitement. So the lack of that and the fact that our guide didn't even bother to even say good morning really annoyed me, it appeared to me that she obviously didn't want to be there.
Saying that, I do hope this isn't the case with all the guides as another group passed and the guide with them said more to all of us in the 10 seconds as she passed then our one did for the hour and a half.

Visited March 2014