“Very lovely mediterranean restaurant”
Review of Cafe Fez

Cafe Fez
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Myrtleford
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch, and Friday nights for dinner & banquets, Cafe Fez presents a unique atmosphere - a treasure trove of twinkling Moroccan lanterns, silver teapots and colourful woven cushions. Featuring a traditional menu of Middle-Eastern favourites, a 100 mile wine list, frou-frou fruit sodas and a quixotic array of cocktails, this chilled out little gem is the perfect place to relax with a group or snuggle up to a beau (or belle) in one of the low-slung cushioned booths. A dining experience is as much about theatre as it is about food: Moroccan mint tea arrives on a silver tray and a waitress pours it into an ornate tea glass three times to infuse it. Sitting at Café Fez under the twinkling of coloured glass lanterns with steam curling luxuriously from your tea amid the shelves of spices, you are transported momentarily to Safi or Fez. The brilliant thing is that here you don't need a plane ticket.
Oxford, Mississippi
“Very lovely mediterranean restaurant”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

their foods are good, nice staffs and beautiful decor :) I stopped for some rest during my road trip on the Great Alpine rd and this place was just so nice. I wish I could stay a bit longer.

• Visited March 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“delicious dining with atmosphere...”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This is a seriously under rated place! From the road it doesnt look very big but like a tardis you walk and the place is huge! The cafe is a part of the overall Moroccan experience... you can buy tiles and all sort of Moroccan knick knacks,light shades, clothes and furniture. Put aside a good few hours! This place is worth the trip to Myrtleford alone! The cafe serves authentic Moroccan food , we had the banquet for two ... all dishes were mouth watering delicious even up to the end of the meal where we had a deliciously thick coffee and a beautiful earl grey tea in the most delightful teapot ( so much that we emailed them later to ask where they got it from and they sent us details and we now have it at home).

• Visited January 2013
Oxley, Australia
“Great food & happy kids!!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A few days ago was the third time I have visited Cafe Fez. Every time I head down south from Darwin for the rellie run I always visit Cafe Fez when I stop at my Dad & step-mum's. They live a 45 - 60 minute drive away - but the drive is well worth it.
Our most recent visit we ordered the chicken shaslicks for my 2 kids ( 7 & 4 to share). They enjoyed their chicken skewers, Tzatziki & flatbread (the rest of us polished off the cabbage & mint salad!!)
Us three adults shared three dishes - grilled haloumi cheese with house salsa & balsamic glaze, beef stuffed peppers in a rich tomato sauce topped with yoghurt (DELISH!!) and the Cafe Fez Mezze (roasted peppers, homemade labne, grilled haloumi, house salsa, grilled eggplant with yoghurt, dolmades, dip, marinated olives, za’atar bread & Turkish bread). The selections were very adequate for all of us....we stuffed ourselves as it was sooooo yummy!! The kids picked off some more flatbreads etc from our dishes as well. The coffee & Moroccan mint tea (served with a bit of flair) were also nice. My white wine was not as cold as I would usually enjoy, but it was quite a warm day outside & there is just fans, no aircon.
Each of us 3 adults took time to take my 2 kids through Red Ramia at some stage during our couple of hour visit, & they always love searching for a treasure under $10 to buy & bring home!! I bought several of the Frou-Frou cordials to take back home as they are preservative/additive etc. free.......something sometimes hard to find where we live. At the end of the day I was really happy with the service & prices of both the cafe & shop......oh how I want a huge tagine from there at my place right now!!
Do yourself a favour & pop into Cafe Fez for a feed next time you're near Myrtelford!!

• Visited January 2013
Mornington Peninsula, Australia
“A great place to wander around”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This shop is filled with all things Middle Eastern. The coffee is OK too. I have yet to have a meal there, I will one day.

Visited October 2012
Beechworth, Australia
“Real delight”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Great Moroccan food in a very interesting setting. Spend some time sorting through Red Ramia's range of north African wares and then settle in for a splendid meal. Great for meeting up with friends - great addition to Myrtleford.

Visited September 2012