“It was not what I expected.... it was amazing”

​Balance Mountain Day Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Olinda
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Stunning health and beauty day spa in the heart of the Dandenong Ranges.Fantastic treatments ranging from remedial/relaxation massage, facials, body treatments, hydrotherapy spa,waxing,tinting,manicures,pedicures.All this in a tranquil garden setting, such a wonderful place to unwind and retreat to for couples, group bookings or simply time out for yourself!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It was not what I expected.... it was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my first visit to the Balance Therapies day spa. I found them through Tripadvisor whilst searching for things to do in the Dandenongs as I was going there with a friend for my birthday. I have never had a massage or facial or anything like that before, so rather than start at that level, I opted for the deluxe manicure. I rang and spoke with Nadine on Thursday but thought for sure I wouldn't be able to get an appt. Nadine was great and slotted my friend and I in for our manicures towards the end of the day. They say timing is everything and it worked out perfectly with our planned activities.

We arrived at the day spa and I was a little disappointed as it just like a house. However that opinion changed once we stepped inside what can only be called a calming oasis with big rooms and gorgeous garden settings. It's very deceptive from the outside. We were greeted by a lovely lady named Lisa, who was also our beauty specialist. Lisa showed us to the back area where we were met with a large open room very beautifully furnished and relaxing music playing softly in the background. The deluxe manicure was amazing, especially the hand massage. As someone who suffers from arthritis in one of her hands, my hands felt amazing after the massage, no stiffness or soreness from the pressure of the massage. Lisa did an amazing job. From the moment we walked into the spa to the time we left, we felt at home. Would definitely recommend Balance Therapies to anyone.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Bee3105

Liverpool, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed nearby at Holly Lodge and booked massage/facials/pedicure/manicure for my daughter and I to have as a mobile treatment. It was the most relaxing morning. The girls that came out to treat us, were on time, polite and very friendly. They gave the most relaxing massages. I had been suffering with a shoulder pain since I had arrived from the UK. I found after this blissful morning it ached no longer. Also with booking this from the UK the communication between Nadine and I was helpful and very assuring. I wish we could have gone to the salon to experience the full package, but, we had my mother in law with us and wouldn't leave her alone. However, I was very impressed at how relaxed we still felt by using the mobile service. I would highly recommend this service and will book again next time we are over on holiday. On behalf of my daughter Diane and I, many many thanks. Pat ( UK ).

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Patricia G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Amazing few days of Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I started our mini getaway at Balance Therapies, we spoiled ourselves of two days of absolute bliss there, we are so impressed with the quality of this facility, we have made a decision that it would be worth the two hour drive to go next time we need a massage. Nadine and her staff made us feel very welcome and relaxed and we look forward to the next time. These massages are probable the best we have had and we felt that they were very personalised, which made all the difference. Well done on a lovely and inviting environment.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Sharon W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

AMAZING! This really was the best massage we have ever had. We got a 90 minute couples massage which I wished was 180 minutes by the end. Do your self a favor and come here for an escape from work one day. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank StGyspy
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Blissful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

My mum and I have been here for the last 2 years as part of our annual girls getaway weekend. Wonderful, relaxing experience. The ladies go to a lot of trouble to make sure the atmosphere is just right, relaxing music, beautiful scents and the best massage ever. Nicely finished off with a cup of herbal tea.

Linda