“Attractive Gardens”

Cloudehill Nursery and Gardens
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Olinda
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have been to the Cloudehill Nursery in the Dandenongs several times, and enjoyed a coffee in the restaurant, but on this visit we went a step further to visit the Gardens. Why on earth did we wait so long, these gardens were a delight. The gardens are broken up into compartments, with very pleasant vistas along straight paths. One warning, the gardens are planted on the side of a hill, and as the gardens are quite large, exploring Cloudehill (and adjoining Rangeview Gardens which can be entered for a gold coin donation) I found very exhausting. In hindsight I would have just viewed Cloudehill, as I found the adjoining Rangeview Gradens disappointing in comparison.

1  Thank Max W

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wonderful gardens! What delight to wander in and the cafe is excellent - delicious food, great service, wonderful views and good value for money.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The gardens are lovely but some of the people I came across from the owner of the gardens to the person who runs the cafe there were just aggresive and really just strange. They really ruined the whole experience for me which was meant to be a day out with my partner.

4  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A small, but interesting selection of unusual plants on offer: well grown and reasonably priced. The reviews here from people complaining about the nursery prices presumably shop only at "big box" plant stores. We have a large garden at home and can't afford to buy cheap plants from places that specialize in hammers and saws. We appreciated the courteous and knowledgeable staff at Cloudehill. And best of all we always get good results from the plants we purchase there.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stopped to purchase some plants.This didn't happen as I thought that they were a totally riduculous price. The Owner (I presume he was) made me feel uncomfortable virtually following us all the time but on the other hand the lady that worked there was considerate and helpful.
Did not go into the gardens as time did not permit as I still had to go elsewhere to purchase the plants I was after at about a quarter of the cost. Will not be going back to purchase in the future but may take the time to go through the gardens.

1  Thank Lorraine T