Lonsdale Views
Point Lonsdale Guesthouse Hotel(Point Lonsdale)(Great Value!)
US$95
Agoda.com
Hotel Sorrento(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$139
Sorrento Beach Motel(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$114
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Moody's Motel(Blairgowrie)
US$87
Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson(Rye)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$132
Priceline
BIG4 Beacon Resort(Queenscliff)
TripAdvisor
Boat Ramp Motel(Ocean Grove)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewson arrivalsurf beacheasy accesscomfy bedbalconycountrysideaccommodationshippingbushpaths
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Thanks to Tripadvisor for introducing us to Lonsdale Views.We flew into Avalon from Sydney ,collected a hire car and then a simple drive had us in Lonsdale in no time.
What you see is what you get and the beautiful photos were bought to life when we stayed for 2nights.The binoculars were my favorite when it came to little extras that we're scattered throughout .One minute you would be seeing the ocean views then a huge container ship would come out of nowhere.Then a sailing boat or a sea patrol boat.Even the Spirit of Tasmania made a visit .
The pool/spa are was so relaxing.Water was a lovely temperature and crystal clear, the new rowing machine also got a workout from hubbie.
The owner greeted us on arrival,explained the room and property to us,which was backed up with a very informative folder.We were then left alone to come and go as we pleased.
We ate at the nearby Lonsdale Golf Club ,and was very impressed by the quality of food and the friendliness of the staff.
On leaving we drove our car to the next town Queenscliffe and got the ferry across to Sorrento.Was a lovely way to end our visit, seeing Point Lonsdale from the water and seeing where all those tankers came from.
For a couple that wants to get away,this is the place to stay,felt so rested.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights over the weekend at Lonsdale Views. The Room was beautiful and cozy and pre supplied with continental breakfast for both mornings. The property was out on beautiful farmland with beach access and close to the local township and lighthouse which I loved.

Even though we saw other guests and ran into them a few times everything was very private and the shared areas were extremely welcoming without feeling as if you were invading others personal space. We enjoyed the pool house immensely and were able to have it all to ourselves which was lucky.

I cannot think of anything to complain about. Everything we had access to and were free to use at our own leisure was brilliant. There were so many perfect little touches like being able to wake up to expresso coffee, a diverse collection of dvds, lavender flowers and chocolates on arrival and own private bathroom and a balcony with a beach view.

It was a pity we didn't run into the owners at all as we would have liked to thank them personally for such an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Lonsdale Views is a great place to relax and recharge the batteries. Fantastic apartment room, great views, lovely indoor pool, just brilliant all around. Would highly recommend it to anyone! We had the Ruby apartment which is fully self contained.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I selected Lonsdale Views specifically as a quiet break away from the city and my hectic and demanding job; I had seen it on the website about a year ago & also read about it in the Good Weekend Magazine. The quiet location set on a property with wonderful views of the ocean, was just what I needed. The interior of the Suite was spacious & very comfortable and attention to detail excellent in all aspects; the feeling of the accommodation is tranquil and restful. I stayed for five nights on my own and slept soundly every night; I included massages, facial and pedicure during my stay and these were also very good treatments. I have now treated my daughter & husband there as a birthday gift as I am confident she will enjoy it. Josephine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jbamhs
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Superbly located on the hillside overlooking the ocean, with beautiful views and outstanding facilities. We stayed for two nights recently hoping to enjoy a restful, relaxing and quiet getaway.
We were not disappointed at all!!, as this property provides outstanding facilities and service in every way.
Hosts, Sue and Michael, are very welcoming and friendly and willingly provide any assistance they can to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
From the luxury of the apartment and surrounds, to the wonderful attention to detail in providing the important "little things", the whole hospitality experience is first class!
The indoor heated pool and spa is a great space to relax an unwind and the guest lounge, kitchen and dining area provides everything you may require during your stay.
Thank you for providing this superb experience. We will certainly return!!

Room Tip: Any of the three apartments will provide a wonderful experience.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple