“A great day!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea All Dolphin Swims

Sea All Dolphin Swims
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The popular and award winning Sea All Dolphin Swims is a family owned business which offers seal & dolphin swims, reef snorkels and marine animal viewing all in the one amazing trip! Sea All Dolphin Swims offers a fun and informative 3.5 hour journey out onto the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, where we are lucky enough to have Bottlenosed Dolphins, Australian Fur Seals, Australasian Gannets and Marine National Parks all within a short distance of each other. Our aim? To show you it all! You can either snorkel or just sightsee from the boat. We supply all equipment, refreshments and good training by qualified instructors.Our qualified, caring instructors are trained by Life Saving Victoria and combined with an underlying respect for the local environment, will ensure that you and your special one take away memories that will last a lifetime.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Headed out with a few of my colleagues yesterday (25th May). What a day and what an experience!

Dolphins and seals:
We were fortunate enough to see dolphins before we even headed out to the open water and a few of my colleagues were lucky enough to quickly hop straight in to swim with them. There were several sightings of them again later on and amazing as they swam with us but unfortunately for me they didn't stay up for long enough so I didn't get to swim with them. Nonetheless I saw them, got to hang off the rope and snorkel. Swimming with the seals was a delight as well. Don't let the smelly male seal bachelor pad (structure where the seals were) deter you. Put your mask on and you won't smell a thing. We had a cheeky little seal swim around us and even tried to playfully nip us but don't stick your hands out.

The team:
Dino, Monique, Mariah and Robbie were absolutely fantastic. They worked so well together like a well oiled machine. They were friendly and happy to engage with everyone and patiently coached and encouraged people when they were afraid or uncertain about being in the water. We even got yummy bickies, fruit and hot drinks to warm us up on the boat. They thought of everything!

Overall, my colleagues and I could not stop talking about our experience as well as the great team/crew we had on the boat on the way home and at work today. It was a cold swim but the experience was worth it.

Thanks for such a wonderful experience Robbie and the crew.

2 Thank LoveTravelling0610
dolphinswims, General Manager at Sea All Dolphin Swims, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Lovetravelling0610 Thanks for your kind review. I read this review out at our breakup as its typical of so may we have had over the years. What I like most about it is the picture of you all traveling home in the car with the car heater on high raving about your experiences on the boat. Regards Hank.

Mount Dandenong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Wonderful, a great day. We saw dolphins and penguins, swam with seals, snorkled in a reef, surfed waves from ropes dragging behind the boat and jumped off the roof of the boat into the sea. So much fun. Was a cold day in May, but the wetsuits for really warm and there is heaps of shelter and warm drinks on the boat. Staff are very friendly, fun and knowledgable.

2 Thank Matthew J
Thank for your review of our tour. I've never had the experience of swimming with penguins. What was that like. Pretty hectic I imagine. Glad you enjoyed the tour and sounds like you got more than you expected with penguins all the extra fun activities. Regards Hank.
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Seals, dolphins AMAZINGGGGG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived to a cold and cloudy queenscliff, putting us down even before we started the trip.

However, things changed.

1) Shoutout to Wei- the lovely admin lady, answering all the ridiculous questions i had, and also talking to us upon arrival, settling our gopro, and being very pro-active with everything to prepare us pre and post trip.

2) Saphire and Mariah- extremely awesome ladies, making warm drinks constantly, keeping everyone warm, keeping everyone pumped up, guiding those who can't really swim well with buoys. Can see that they hold safety measures very tightly, they swim so well, and are always on a constant lookout for everyone on the boat.

Saphire did the briefing and got everyone changed, Robbie the skipper educated us on the marine park and many other structures around sorrento-queenscliff. Robbie didnt give up searching for the dolphins, and we spent a great deal of time doing that, and we were lucky to spot a couple of pods despite it's May. We went to Chinaman's hut and despite extremely choppy waters, felt safe with Saphire leading us on our buoys, Mariah hanging around looking out for everyone. Lastly, we went to a reef just close by queenscliff and we snorkelled a bit. I ventured slightly out, but still close to saphire, and lo' behold! there was a seal swimming infront of me!

Other activities on the boat: Rope gliding, and roof jumping!

VERY GOOD DAY OUT DESPITE THE cold, windy and temperamental melbourne weather.

Highly recommend!

2 Thank Queenelizabethh
Hello Queenelizabethh. Thanks for putting up with the cold and not letting it spoil your day. Sounds like you saw the dolphins but may not have swam with them. That does happen sometimes. I am also glad to read that you were rewarded with the seal swimming along with you when you gained that extra confidence on the tour and ventured off on your own slightly. That happened only because you stepped out of your comfort zone and made the opportunities possible. Thanks for telling us about it. Regards Hank
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Absolutely fantastic day out. We had hesitations about heading out as the water was very choppy but nice we got out and spotted the pod of dolphins we forgot all about the cold and rainy weather! From there onto the seals and they were amazing. Swimming right up to us and jumping up and down in the water! After the seals we went to visit the reef and saw an abundance of fish. We had a great day out and would recommend this trip to anyone, we will be back again! The staff, Robbie, Sapphire and Mariah were so nice and enthusiastic and great hosts offering hot drinks to warm us up. Big mention to Mariah to say thanks a million she was patient and most helpful with a buoy for me in the rougher water, personally leading me around to experience the seals. Thanks again guys!

3 Thank Irishchickinaus
Thank you Irishchickinaus. Cold rainy weather does make it difficult to get excited but we have actually had some of our very best tours in those conditions. Not real sure why. Maybe because we are often out there by our selves or the dolphins are just rewarding us for getting out their despite the weather. Good on you for you motivation.
All our crew are fantastic but I will pass on your special mention to Mariah. Regards Hank.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went on Easter Sunday. The group was quite big but everyone was courteous enough for everyone else to have a turn. Sure it was cold, but the wet suits helped loads and the staff on the boat were exceptional about looking after you. I was shivering- they layered me up, put my feet in hot water and fed me warm drinks and biscuits. The wildlife was amazing- we were told we were very lucky to see so many dolphins at once - I got some amazing underwater shots- of course though it depends on the day. This was a top experience for me and I highly rate this company.

2 Thank Mark_k1981
Howdy-k1981
Thanks for your kind review. Yes it does get cold on the boat sometimes and then its often warmer in the ocean than out. Just a bit hard to stay in there though, one tends to end up very wrinkly. The crew have been fantastic and deserve all the accolades they have received on Trip Adviser. Great to here your GoPro shots turned out amazing. Regard Hank.