“swimming with dolphins and seals”

Sea All Dolphin Swims
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Queenscliff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The popular and award winning Sea All Dolphin Swims is a family owned business which offers seal & dolphin swims, reef snorkels and marine animal viewing all in the one amazing trip! Sea All Dolphin Swims offers a fun and informative 3.5 hour journey out onto the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, where we are lucky enough to have Bottlenosed Dolphins, Australian Fur Seals, Australasian Gannets and Marine National Parks all within a short distance of each other. Our aim? To show you it all! You can either snorkel or just sightsee from the boat. We supply all equipment, refreshments and good training by qualified instructors.Our qualified, caring instructors are trained by Life Saving Victoria and combined with an underlying respect for the local environment, will ensure that you and your special one take away memories that will last a lifetime.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

THIS TOUR WAS FREAKING AWESOMEEEE!! It was a really cold day and we were afraid the trip was going to be cancelled but it still went ahead! Ours were the only operator up and running and it was apparently towards the end of the dolphin season already? Kudos to the crew for being so fun, attentive and super awesome! They were always busy looking out for us, making drinks, served us biscuits, giving us education information about the dolphins and the seals. They supplied the wet suits, booties, masks and even had beanies on board for us to battle the cold. There is a toilet on board as well.

We cruised around for half an hour before someone first spotted the fin of a dolphin. The dolphins started riding on the boat's waves and they were so close to us! And then we could go into the water (10 of us at one time) holding on to the ropes while the boat tugged us along as the dolphins swam around us. The water was a little murky and the visibility a little poor so you could only see the dolphin if it pops right under you so keep your head in the water!

Next was the seals at the chinaman's hut where the old and young male seals hang out since they couldn't compete with fit male seals for mating. This was another awesome experience as we snorkelled around the chinaman's huts and the seals were swimming around us! One minute I was snorkelling the next a seal jumped up right in front of me! The crew had those noodles which really helped with the current.

Last stop was the reef which was a chill snorkel. This is usually the first stop but we did the 3 stops in reverse to get the best chance of catching the dolphins. We actually spotted a young seal at the reef which was really lucky!

On the way back we had other activities like a rope swim, jumping off the roof and it was a really great day! There were also hot showers near the shop for us to wash up when we got back. Definitely recommend this tour!

3  Thank boonyuru
dolphinswims, General Manager at Sea All Dolphin Swims, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Boonyuru. This is one of my favorite reviews yet. You've described the whole tour just like a journalist would in a travel magazine. Its a great talent you have. You've given potential customers some great tips and its obvious you paid attention to the crew while they were talking about the seals habits. I'm sure anyone reading this review will decide to come out and try the tour for themselves. Thanks so much for doing that for them and us. Regards Hank

There are newer reviews for Sea All Dolphin Swims

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just amazing experience !! everything was great , the team very friendly and professional .
we have was lucky to find dolphins 5 mn after the start , but when we go in the water we have seen the dolphins just 2s , pity it's too quick :(
After we have seen seals and when the boat arrived all came in the water to see us , so lovely !!
it's was a great day that I'll remind me forever.
Just if I can blame something , the fact that there are no changing rooms and showers in your shop and have change outside or in the public toilets is not very good.
I hope to come again when I'll come back in Australia.
Thank you.

1  Thank Elora R

Hello Elora. Thanks for that feed back about the change rooms. I'm sorry if it was an inconvenience for you. Its something we are conscious of but at this stage is a bit out of our control. I hope that when you do come back we will have that in place. I hope that when you come next time you will get to swim with the dolphins right along beside you. Regards Hank.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Headed out with a few of my colleagues yesterday (25th May). What a day and what an experience!

Dolphins and seals:
We were fortunate enough to see dolphins before we even headed out to the open water and a few of my colleagues were lucky enough to quickly hop straight in to swim with them. There were several sightings of them again later on and amazing as they swam with us but unfortunately for me they didn't stay up for long enough so I didn't get to swim with them. Nonetheless I saw them, got to hang off the rope and snorkel. Swimming with the seals was a delight as well. Don't let the smelly male seal bachelor pad (structure where the seals were) deter you. Put your mask on and you won't smell a thing. We had a cheeky little seal swim around us and even tried to playfully nip us but don't stick your hands out.

The team:
Dino, Monique, Mariah and Robbie were absolutely fantastic. They worked so well together like a well oiled machine. They were friendly and happy to engage with everyone and patiently coached and encouraged people when they were afraid or uncertain about being in the water. We even got yummy bickies, fruit and hot drinks to warm us up on the boat. They thought of everything!

Overall, my colleagues and I could not stop talking about our experience as well as the great team/crew we had on the boat on the way home and at work today. It was a cold swim but the experience was worth it.

Thanks for such a wonderful experience Robbie and the crew.

2  Thank LoveTravelling0610

Hi Lovetravelling0610 Thanks for your kind review. I read this review out at our breakup as its typical of so may we have had over the years. What I like most about it is the picture of you all traveling home in the car with the car heater on high raving about your experiences on the boat. Regards Hank.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Wonderful, a great day. We saw dolphins and penguins, swam with seals, snorkled in a reef, surfed waves from ropes dragging behind the boat and jumped off the roof of the boat into the sea. So much fun. Was a cold day in May, but the wetsuits for really warm and there is heaps of shelter and warm drinks on the boat. Staff are very friendly, fun and knowledgable.

2  Thank Matthew J

Thank for your review of our tour. I've never had the experience of swimming with penguins. What was that like. Pretty hectic I imagine. Glad you enjoyed the tour and sounds like you got more than you expected with penguins all the extra fun activities. Regards Hank.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived to a cold and cloudy queenscliff, putting us down even before we started the trip.

However, things changed.

1) Shoutout to Wei- the lovely admin lady, answering all the ridiculous questions i had, and also talking to us upon arrival, settling our gopro, and being very pro-active with everything to prepare us pre and post trip.

2) Saphire and Mariah- extremely awesome ladies, making warm drinks constantly, keeping everyone warm, keeping everyone pumped up, guiding those who can't really swim well with buoys. Can see that they hold safety measures very tightly, they swim so well, and are always on a constant lookout for everyone on the boat.

Saphire did the briefing and got everyone changed, Robbie the skipper educated us on the marine park and many other structures around sorrento-queenscliff. Robbie didnt give up searching for the dolphins, and we spent a great deal of time doing that, and we were lucky to spot a couple of pods despite it's May. We went to Chinaman's hut and despite extremely choppy waters, felt safe with Saphire leading us on our buoys, Mariah hanging around looking out for everyone. Lastly, we went to a reef just close by queenscliff and we snorkelled a bit. I ventured slightly out, but still close to saphire, and lo' behold! there was a seal swimming infront of me!

Other activities on the boat: Rope gliding, and roof jumping!

VERY GOOD DAY OUT DESPITE THE cold, windy and temperamental melbourne weather.

Highly recommend!

2  Thank Queenelizabethh

Hello Queenelizabethh. Thanks for putting up with the cold and not letting it spoil your day. Sounds like you saw the dolphins but may not have swam with them. That does happen sometimes. I am also glad to read that you were rewarded with the seal swimming along with you when you gained that extra confidence on the tour and ventured off on your own slightly. That happened only because you stepped out of your comfort zone and made the opportunities possible. Thanks for telling us about it. Regards Hank