This is advertised as a boutique hotel but in fact is a conference/wedding venue. As leisure guests we were felt very secondclass. The staff were very helpful but the room was very bland, no pictures on the wall, no drawers or shelves for clothes and the bathroom unimaginative. The spa was not open, and swimming pool unusable as the windows were all open letting in the extreme heat.We were shunted into a small dining room where the wine and highchairs were stored as the main dining room was occupied by conference guests. It was extremely hot and the a/c couldn't cope, so the red wine was too warm. The nicely appointed lounges and games room were all unavailable to us in the afternoons as they were full of workshop attendees. The second day there were no biscuits in the room, apparently they had run out, though the conference guests had tea and cakes laid out in the games room there was nothing for us despite requests.
Food was excellent and service from staff in reception and dining room good. The hotel itself and the grounds are beautiful, but it is not a boutique hotel as they advertise - disappointing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Victoria's most spectacular region, the Mornington Peninsula, you will find Lindenderry. The region's premier boutique hotel, Lindenderry is set on 30 acres of natural beauty. English inspired gardens surround the hotel, extending to a vineyard and a private lake, all framed by an iconic Australian landscape. As you arrive at the property, meandering through the peaceful grounds, you feel a sense of escape that stays with you till you are back in your car and travelling home. After a recent soft refurbishment to all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge areas, this country estate offers accommodation that is perfect for couples or groups looking for an elegant retreat whilst indulging on the Mornington Peninsula. There are 40 modern rooms available at Lindenderry, each with its own unique design that stylishly captures the regional landscape. Relax in the many inviting guest lounges that feature open fireplaces and, with floor to ceiling windows, flood with soft natural light, making the perfect nook to escape with a good book, a glass of wine, or quiet conversation. Adding to the indulgence of the property is our onsite restaurant, Linden Tree, with a newly appointed head chef who hails from some of the world's best restaurants, the dining experience at Lindenderry has become a must-do experience when visiting the Mornington Peninsula. Also featuring a cellar-door offering a more informal dining experience, why not stop by for a tipple? Following a recent recognition from Australia's leading wine authority, James Halliday, as a Five Star Winery and with nearly all of our wines receiving a remarkable score of 95 or above, Lindenderry is proving itself to be one of the leading wineries of the region also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lindenderry at Red Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Hotel Red Hill
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Victoria