Just had Easter Sunday lunch at Lindenderry, was so looking forward to it, but sorry to say the service was terrible. Very short staffed, not as if you didn't know the numbers attending on the day as we had to pay up front. No one even came near our table and apologised for the delay which would have helped a little. Seemed to be two staff and the "fairy" for the whole dining room. Then when the roast pork arrived it wasn't roast pork but a pork chop which was very dry and hard to cut through. I also have to agree with the previous review regarding the drinks prices, very overcharged $57 for a bottle Pinoit Noir from Lindnenderry Estate to me sounds a bit steep, and certainly nothing special. I have been to Lindenderry before and enjoyed the experience but sorry not this time and I will be spreading the word regarding the very poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Victoria's most spectacular region, the Mornington Peninsula, you will find Lindenderry. The region's premier boutique hotel, Lindenderry is set on 30 acres of natural beauty. English inspired gardens surround the hotel, extending to a vineyard and a private lake, all framed by an iconic Australian landscape. As you arrive at the property, meandering through the peaceful grounds, you feel a sense of escape that stays with you till you are back in your car and travelling home. After a recent soft refurbishment to all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge areas, this country estate offers accommodation that is perfect for couples or groups looking for an elegant retreat whilst indulging on the Mornington Peninsula. There are 40 modern rooms available at Lindenderry, each with its own unique design that stylishly captures the regional landscape. Relax in the many inviting guest lounges that feature open fireplaces and, with floor to ceiling windows, flood with soft natural light, making the perfect nook to escape with a good book, a glass of wine, or quiet conversation. Adding to the indulgence of the property is our onsite restaurant, Linden Tree, with a newly appointed head chef who hails from some of the world's best restaurants, the dining experience at Lindenderry has become a must-do experience when visiting the Mornington Peninsula. Also featuring a cellar-door offering a more informal dining experience, why not stop by for a tipple? Following a recent recognition from Australia's leading wine authority, James Halliday, as a Five Star Winery and with nearly all of our wines receiving a remarkable score of 95 or above, Lindenderry is proving itself to be one of the leading wineries of the region also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindenderry at Red Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Hotel Red Hill
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Victoria