We booked in for one night at the Lindenderry, expecting a luxurious getaway but the quality does not match the photos and the rooms are on par with an average Best Western, just double the price. We chose the basic/cheapest room because they were so expensive; however thought at $320 a night we would still expect more than this. The room is clean and comfortable but incredibly dated (think apricot bench tops and run down bathrooms), it is definitely not worth $320 a night, I would have been satisfied if we had paid around $200 or if the price had included breakfast or something more than just a bed.
The hotel was no doubt grand in its day but it is incredibly tired and dated, lacking in atmosphere and desperately needs a facelift. There were some cosy loungerooms dotted around but no communal bar or area to enjoy a pre-dinner drink and snack, something like this would improve the atmosphere immensely. The staff were lovely in all areas but it was all a bit slow. Dinner in the restaurant was nice, and decent serves for the price tag which is up there with city prices, but the restaurant atmosphere itself is very much like the rest of the hotel. In need of a facelift, even some music playing might help. My friends and I joked we felt like we were in a retirement home, that was the meal room. I personally wouldn't stay here again in its current state but if you want a hotel in Red HIll, this is kind of it so it leaves no option but to pay the price or go for a B&B which I wish we had done now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Victoria's most spectacular region, the Mornington Peninsula, you will find Lindenderry. The region's premier boutique hotel, Lindenderry is set on 30 acres of natural beauty. English inspired gardens surround the hotel, extending to a vineyard and a private lake, all framed by an iconic Australian landscape. As you arrive at the property, meandering through the peaceful grounds, you feel a sense of escape that stays with you till you are back in your car and travelling home. After a recent soft refurbishment to all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge areas, this country estate offers accommodation that is perfect for couples or groups looking for an elegant retreat whilst indulging on the Mornington Peninsula. There are 40 modern rooms available at Lindenderry, each with its own unique design that stylishly captures the regional landscape. Relax in the many inviting guest lounges that feature open fireplaces and, with floor to ceiling windows, flood with soft natural light, making the perfect nook to escape with a good book, a glass of wine, or quiet conversation. Adding to the indulgence of the property is our onsite restaurant, Linden Tree, with a newly appointed head chef who hails from some of the world's best restaurants, the dining experience at Lindenderry has become a must-do experience when visiting the Mornington Peninsula. Also featuring a cellar-door offering a more informal dining experience, why not stop by for a tipple? Following a recent recognition from Australia's leading wine authority, James Halliday, as a Five Star Winery and with nearly all of our wines receiving a remarkable score of 95 or above, Lindenderry is proving itself to be one of the leading wineries of the region also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lindenderry at Red Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Hotel Red Hill
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Victoria