“Mountain City visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Prospect Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn
High Point, NC
“Mountain City visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Chose to stay with Robert and Judy due to the attractiveness of the property. We were not disappointed. Great hosts, good conversation and a wonderful breakfast. Will stay there again and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Only saw the bedroom on the main floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

The Prospect Hill Bed & Breakfast offers the opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy life. Although the location is about 25 minutes away from Boone and all the shops/ restaurants, the drive to and from the B&B offers the chance to get to know your spouse that much more! Breakfast was amazing and each day offered new flavors to enjoy. Robert and Judy are great host and have a plethora of knowledge of the area and things to do.

Room Tip: The hide-away room offers a double person jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 857pedro
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Prospect Hill BB is filled with charm and character. The owners,Robert and Judy offer their guests warm hospitality and wonderful breakfasts. The room we had offered a fireplace and a small balcony. There were cozy, warm robes to wear and romantic candles to make our stay even more special. Judy is very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and Robert's cranberry stuffed French toast was so yummy. Mountain City is small town but there is so much to see and do close by that includes Boone, NC and Blowing Rock, NC. Damascus, VA and Abingdon, VA are also nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda L
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were here all weekend for a wedding. The inn keepers were awesome, the breaskfast was wonderful and the accomodations beautiful. The leave were gorgeous and the atmosphere was relaxing and peaceful. Great place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

This B&B exceeded our expectations in Tennesee. We needed a comfortable base for several days of exploring the twisty mountain lanes and gazing at beautiful autumn landscapes. Little did we expect such gracious hosts who artfully renovated a historic home into exceptionally comfortable rooms with great amenities--gas fireplaces in bedroom and bath, oversized jetted tub large enough for two people to relax easily, flat screen TV, comfy side chairs, very comfortable king bed, free wi-fi, and SOOO comfortable. Robert and Judy made us feel at home upon arrival, sharing their local knowledge easily so we could plan our days more successfully. They accommodated our special diet requests as we had just begun a low carb regimen, though they are known for their excellent gourmet breakfasts. They are both warm hosts without being intrusive.

Room Tip: The rooms with the large jetted tub are beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

First I want to say that I travel all the time. I have a job that requires me to travel with my job and consult with companies that purchase our product. This experience is not coming from someone that travels now and then but travels with job as part of my living.
I have stayed at Prospect Hill B&B this week in Mountain City,TN. I put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door when I left on the first day of my stay. One of the innkeepers was downstairs when I went to get a cup of coffee and I told him I had Do Not Disturb on the door and I travel all the time and do not require any service in the room. He said that was fine. When I got to my place of business they ask where I was staying and I told them. The owners wife said she had a friend stay there and they entered her room and went thru her stuff. She said to be careful. I told her what I told them at the B&B and she said to watch my room. On the last day of my stay (day 4) the innkeeper was waiting on me to sign the bill for my room when I returned from work. I then went upstairs to my room which was locked and a Do Not Disturb on my door and they had entered my room, put out towels (I did not need because there were 4 in room), made my bed and I think went thru my bag. I looked and did not see anything missing. This made me very mad.
I went downstairs and the innkeeper that I told I did not need any service in my room was in the kitchen. I told him that they invaded my privacy after I told them not to and I was very upset and would NEVER recommend or stay there again. He said that it did not work that way when some one stayed in their B&B. He stated today was trash day and they had not been in the room all week. I had been putting the garbage in the trash in their kitchen except for the makeup remover towels and they were being put NOT in the garbage can in the room but I had a bag that I was going to take down at the end of the week to their kitchen to make sure everything was as I found it in the room I rented from them. They never took the garbage bag out of the room when they came in the room against my request. I told him if he needed in the room they seen me every day and should have ask. He just stood there and said sorry.

I am so mad and what to know what I can do about this and I am checking .

Room Tip: Do not choose this place if you want privacy.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Connie M
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

If you have business in Johnson County, TN you can't go wrong with Prospect Hill. I was delighted to find such a treasure there. It is a lovely B&B. The sophisticated hosts are friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. I don't know of any place in the area which even comes close.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
#4 of 5 in Damascus
Americourt Hotel Mountain City
Americourt Hotel Mountain City
#1 of 2 in Mountain City

Been to Prospect Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!