“Poor value for money”
Review of Fairways Resort

Fairways Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rosebud
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We recently went on a 'golfing' weekend and booked into the Rosebud Country Club and Fairways Resort. This place is the least like a 'resort' that we have seen in a long time. We got a last minute deal on the web and had high expectations of the place given the high room rate.
The room was dark and cold, no natural sunlight. The furniture is all 'mismatched' and looks look it was from an 'op shop'. The outdoor patio is a piece of concrete with healthy weeds growing through the peebles and green slime everywhere. The King size bed was comfortable but the cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom were not what we expected for this cost of accommodation. From recollection we paid around $230-280 per night. Unfortunately we had drunken noisy neighbors who kept us awake for most of the night (appreciate the Motel has no control over the quality of its guests) It was a busy weekend with a wedding on so no there rooms to swap to. We ate in the restaurant. The food and service were average and they were clearly struggling to deal with wedding guests and resort guests. It took over 2 hours to get 2 courses.
All in all the accommodation and food experience was disappointing.
The golf course and the staff were friendly and accommodation. The course is a nice one for social players and we thoroughly enjoyed that part of the weekend.
Rosebud is a pretty area and worth the drive there but in all honesty cannot recommend this accommodation. It was grossly overpriced for the quality it delivered. We also heard the 'drunken neighbors' also complaining about the standard versus the cost!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kiwitraveller55
There are newer reviews for Fairways Resort

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Fairways Resort in the July school holidays. We found the service to be excellent. The rooms were very clean and tidy, the resort well maintained and the staff very accomodating to our needs. The linen was crisp and clean and the towels fluffy. The water in the showers was fine and the heating excellent. They had turned the heating on hours prior to our arrival to ensure we would be warm. The rooms are very large and the beds comfortable. Obviously, in smaller townships and hotels the front desk is not manned 24 hours a day, however, the staff readily made arrangements to ensure our late arrival was not a problem. I disagree that there are any security issues with the accomodation at all. The carpark is adjacent to the rooms, however, this is a plus not a minus. It is not as though it is an enormous carparking lot, it is merely carspaces for each room in front of the rooms for hotel guests only. If staying in Rosebud, I would highly recommend this accomodation. It represents value for money.

Room Tip: We had a large two bedroom room which was excellent for a family. We had no bath in our room, so imp...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We spent 1 night in winter in the motels. The staff were great and the room was great with kettle and toaster and good heating. One thing I would say if you don't want to sleep with the heater on you'll need 3 blankets,ask for extra,we had 2 and we got a bit cold.It was close to the hot springs and some vinyards and beach.

Room Tip: no fitness centre
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Having arrived in the area on my own and 7 months pregnant to visit a sick relative at the last minute, my husband booked this online at about 4pm that day. Arriving at 7.50pm, the driveway, which was difficult to find, and opposite an industrial area, was very poorly lit, and I drove past the 'Resort' thinking it could not possibly be it as it was a Motel car park, I was wrong, it was indeed the 'Resort' and was completely empty, and dark like a ghost town. Not only this, but the office was shut and lights were off.
I tentatively got out of the car in the pitch black to find a mobile phone number on the door which did not answer. I sat in the car petrified for 5-10 mins, then called again, and someone answered advising there was no one there and did I have a booking and wanted all the information from me. As I explained my husband had made the booking he became very frustrated. he then called back about 5 mins later and asked me to open a fire extinguisher box, and retrieve a key they had hidden behind there, and let myself in to a room with it. I felt very unsafe, and scared but did so anyway as it was late. Once I got into the room, I noticed the front door did not automatically lock, and had a two way handle open. Again, I felt unsafe as the doors open directly onto the car park which was pitch black, and like a ghost town. I was petrified to stay there by myself so called to say I would be leaving and wanted a refund. I was met with a lot of negativity and advised it would be unlikely I would get a refund. I left anyway and drove 30kms to Frankston. I have since written an email to them requeseting a refund as I had not stayed, and felt unsafe having to retrieve a key from behind a fire extinguisher and not had a response. VERY POOR SERVICE

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank stacy b
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed Fairways resoirt very much. We stayed on a weekend trip and found it very clean and spacious. The lady at the desk was very helpful and bright. She was also very helpful on things to do. Our room had a spa and is some what romantic. Very quiet and a good place to stay for a little getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Nice facility but not very family friendly. Large rooms but nowhere to sit and relax. Small outdoor areas off rooms. No pool or gym. No way to heat a bottle for the baby or warm her food. Cot provided was clean but blanket thin and old. Fortunately we bought one with us. For the price we paid I would have expected more. $260 a night was a lot for the little we received. Nice grounds but it is a golf resort. No way to bath the baby either. Car needed to get to local shops for basics. A bit disappointing as a family. No restaurant either.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosebud
RACV Cape Schanck Resort
Best Western Plus Brooklands Of Mornington
Flinders Hotel
Flinders Hotel
#1 of 2 in Flinders

Been to Fairways Resort? Share your experiences!