“New cellar door, lovely food”

Lake Moodemere Estate
Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Rutherglen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Beautiful waterfront winery serving light luncheons and refreshments. Well behaved dogs on leads welcome outdoors.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The current cellar door has been beautifully done-up, a small distance down the lakeside from the old one. Luncheon platters are delicious and accompany the wine available very well (this is a new thing I believe). Some things haven't changed: there is still a lovely outdoor area with lakeside views and the hole-in-one golf challenge (for $1000 worth of wine!). All in all a great family-owned-and-run vibe, well worth a lunchtime visit.

1  Thank scortchcjr110
chambers_b, Owner at Lake Moodemere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your complementary review. The luncheon platters are a new thing and quickly becoming very popular. We love sharing our beautiful cellar door particulary when it's so well appreciated! I hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My partner and I drink a lot of wine and have visited just about all of the major wine producing areas in Australia. This is the first winery I have been to where there wasn't a wine I didn't like, sure I liked some more than others but there wasn't one that I wouldn't have been happy to be served. It's lovely to see a family run winery with a passionate winemaker and we happily took some samples home with us.

1  Thank andream0402
chambers_b, Owner at Lake Moodemere Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thanks for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed our wines. It sounds like your tasting was conducted by the winemaker himself. He's often available at the cellar door, particularly on weekends. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our group of four did not like any of the wines tasted and wouldn't return, however I will add wine is very personal therefore if you are reading this you should probably stop in if you have the time to judge for yourself.

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did not find a wine you liked. Our select range of wines is made exclusively from fruit from our own vineyard and our releases change according to vintages. We hope to see you again when we can offer you some new releases that might suit your palate better.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just loved Lake Moodemere. A great history and a gorgeous setting by the river. Michael & Belinda were great hosts and generous with their knowledge, wine tasting and being dog friendly my two mini schnauzers enjoyed the setting as much as I did. Well done guys!!

Thanks for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We love welcoming visitors and their pooches. I hope we see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The atmosphere was great, the food was terrific, we had a such a good time we visited there twice on the same weekend

1  Thank Coffeecat55

What a great compliment you have paid us in your review. Back twice in the same weekend! I hope we have the opportunity to see you at lake Moodemere again soon.