“Clean, basic & reasonable value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunbury Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunbury
Sunbury Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunbury
Napier, New Zealand
“Clean, basic & reasonable value”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I won't repeat details that are already quoted in other reviews but wish to add that the beds are very firm which I like, but no 'comfort' layer, so feel a bit hard. I remedied this by folding up a blanket and inserting under the mattress protector. Apart from this, very clean and neat. There was a comfortable range of thin and thick pillows that appeared to be quite new, and the female staff member was helpful in providing another yet another thin pillow for our 5 yo son. I also appreciated the blackout curtains, the big ironing board and iron available in the room. Bring your own milk if you don't like the little UHT milks.

Room Tip: There are some rooms facing the main road which may not be a quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NZBeachcomber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a weekend for one night as we had a wedding in the area.

When I first called the motor inn to book, a child answered the call and starting speaking in language I could not understand, the call was not handed over to an adult/ reception. I called back and was this time greeted by a lady who answered with a simple "hello" no annoucment of the motor inn name. I requested the dates and room type and all the lady asked for was my name. I initated the idea of taking my credit cards details to guarantee the room, I also had to ask about car parking, check in and out times. This is a basic requirement when taking reservations and should be included in their "spiel".

The check-in process was quick and easy. Payment was due upfront. Car parking was at no extra cost. Check out time was between 10-10:30 am.
The room was outdated but clean and secure. Plenty of natural light and we left the heater on whilst we were out for the evening, so when we returned the room was lovely and warm. I went to make myself a cup of tea, but held back when I saw the inside of the kettle black and rusting. It's simple and somewhat cheap to replace a kettle. The bathroom was spotless, but I would have preferred an extra towel. One small towel is not enough for me.

The staff were pleasent when we checked out a little after 10:45am, it was a matter of handing in the key and off we went.

Overall I would definately stay at the Sunbury Motor Inn again, as the location is perfect - close to town. The rooms are very basic, but clean and fresh. I would not hesistate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Travellerrf32
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Sunbury Motel, what can one say. It is a small Motel in Sunbury which is 35k from Melbourne, the Motel is very basic, the rooms are clean and of a decent size, they have a great basin that you can actually get the electric jug under and back out without spilling half the contents. The rooms have queen size beds, proper coffee mugs, tea, coffee etc and a microwave oven.

The motel is in walking distance to the shops, theatre and train station, and Sunbury is 15 minutes’ drive from Tullamarine Airport. Sunbury has a number of good eating places and the pubs put on very good meals at reasonable prices.

Reception is very off-putting to the extent if there was another Motel we would have gone there. No manners, we had made a booking several days before arriving and when we said our name he couldn’t find it on his booking form till I pointed it out to him. With that he dumped a form in front of us with a grunt of fill in and pay now. No please or thankyous at any time, no offer of information about Sunbury or where to eat etc. you know the normal sorts of things reception staff do when you arrive at a Motel from interstate, sort of makes you feel real welcome, I think not. He made us feel very unwelcome, maybe we interrupted whatever he was doing before we arrived.

Would we stay there again, yes, only because it’s the only motel in town and close to where we want to visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Monegeetta
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at the Sunbury Motor Inn for two nights, as we were attending a wedding in the area. The reception staff (owners?) were friendly, attentive and very helpful. The unit we stayed in was a self contained one bedroom. There was one queen size and a single bed in what was essentially one large room with a kitchenette tucked in one corner. The separate bathroom was a good size and had a shower. The unit was spacious, recently renovated and very clean. However, had you wanted to, you wouldn't have been able to do much more than heat things in the microwave, as there was no cook top or pots/pans. This was not an issue for us. We just used the fridge, and appreciated that small containers of milk that were provided (coffee, tea, and sugar also provided).

The Motor Inn is also quite conveniently located to downtown Sunbury, and the restaurants, cafes and mall. The walk to town only took about 10 minutes, depending on the route we took.

We thought the Motor Inn was good value for money, for basic accommodation for one or two nights.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnInquiringMind
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunbury
Mercure Melbourne Caroline Springs
Mercure Melbourne Caroline Sprin...
#2 of 3 in Caroline Springs
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
No photo provided
Gisborne Motel
#1 of 1 in Gisborne

Been to Sunbury Motor Inn? Share your experiences!