“Amazing flavours and quality food”
Review of Big Spoon Little Spoon - CLOSED

Big Spoon Little Spoon
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My partner and I visited Big Spoon Little Spoon a month ago and were seated in the second room at the back. It felt a bit too distanced from the rest of the tables but was good as it was quieter for just the two of us. The restaurant was full, but we had no worries with service. Our water was always topped up, we got complimentary bread and butter before our meal.

Booking here we knew it would be a bit pricey, but for a good meal its worth it as a special occasion for us. I chose the quail and my partner chose the steak. We got asked if we would like a salad or vegetables with our meal, I asked for a salad. I didn't realise that the salad was separate and it came as a meal in itself.

The quail was AMAZING all the flavours seemed to suit well together and every bite I had was delicious, everything on the plate I absolutely loved. This is the first time I've eaten quail and I wished I had more! My partner loved the steak and the sauces that came with it, it was cooked just the way he liked it. We shared the salad and were both full by the end of our meals that we probably wouldn't have needed the salad.

I would definitely eat here again, best tasting food in Warragul.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Visited Big Spoon Little Spoon for the first time on Saturday night. Arrived just before 7, and good thing we booked as we it was full. We soon found out why. We went for the 4 course tasting menu at $60 a head. Started with a small chorizo and artichoke soup which was a sign if things to come. We were served two entrees a main and a dessert after that. All 4 courses were sensational. Some of the best and more adventurous dishes I have eaten, and that has been all over the world. A top 10 ding experience. We will be back soon and often.

1  Thank Steve-Westgippsland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Such helpful staff and a fabulous lunch, served with enthusiasm and smiles. Ingredients were checked, and confirmed with the chef, to ensure that each component was suitable. They had a good understanding of gluten-free and fructose-free requirements. Excellent lunch menu with several options at a great price. Awesome chips!

We will be back again soon for dinner to sample more taste sensations!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have been many times for lunch and dinner - the food, wine, service and value are consistently excellent ! We have been as a couple looking for a quite intimate meal, and with friends and family wanting to have fun as well as a good dining experience. Despite its popularity, I can't recall having to wait and service is always delivered with a genuine smile, courtesy and appropriately, pride. The chefs sometimes visit the table and seek feedback. I think locals know its best to reserve a table rather than just rock up. Because BSls is so well loved, it can be quite noisy - its only consistent fault ! We hope something can be done about this- there are experts who would be worth consulting.

4  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

whether you are dining for brunch, lunch or dinner, BSLS has something to tempt everyone. Let the chef choose for you for some mind blowing taste sensations. The wine list is extensive and sports my favorite, Nakoojee Merlot. Service is helpful and friendly.

2  Thank nakink