“A great surprise”

Comfort Inn & Suites Warragul Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Warragul
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Best Western Warragul looks like it has been recently upgraded, our room was wonderfully clean and refreshed. There is definitely no complaints about this Motel, a wonderful stop over on our long trip. Thank you for taking the time for all the little details. Its a yes from me.....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked a room at the last minute through Wotif and received a deal of $125 including breakfast. The room was extremely clean with lots of attention to detail such as every bathroom inclusion you may have forgotten to bring with you, and very high quality tea's and coffee's. The room was also immaculate. I'm a person who suffers from back pain, but not in this bed. The pillows were also great, I made a very nice coffee, propped myself up and enjoyed the complimentary Austar.

I had breakfast at 7am and enjoyed the country surroundings on the short walk to the breakfast room, very relaxing. A great selection of fresh fruit for breakfast and I was offered a fresh brewed coffee served at my table. Overall it was a great start to my day.

I'm very impressed with the value and the quality of my stay, and will be sure to stay again next time I'm passing through.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We booked a family room, but were given a pokey box that was said to be a double and were told that both our small room and the larger one we booked were "the same price". The room was clean, but the advertised bar fridge was "being repaired". At $169 per night the overnight stay represented very poor value - it would have been cheaper to stay in the Melbourne CBD, so I couldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid the motels in Warragul and travel through to Melbourne.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Thank you for excellent customer service Peter. We really enjoyed our stay over the Christmas break - it was so relaxing looking out into your lovely garden. So refreshing to meet a manager with a happy disposition who was so helpful with road directions, local attractions and suggested places to dine.
Very impressed with the high standard in bedrooms - selection of furnishings (not cluttered), clean bathroom, no stains , freshly painted and modern fitout , selection of good quality toiletries , comfortable bed and pillows( best sleep ever), air conditioning (clean filters) , clean cutlery and fresh clean daily linen.
The cleanliness at this motel was outstanding and the best we have seen in our 16 years of traveling about Australia.
Highly recommend and we will look forward to seeing the new 8 unit development.Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed one night & wow what a fantastic motel. Its very modern extremely well appointed, décor lovely, immaculately clean, great location. King bed was so so comfy. Peter the manager is so accommodating, friendly & happy to welcome you. We had to leave just after 6am following morning no problem for Peter he will bring our breakfast tray at 6am. I did say we can have it the night before but no he insisted we get freshly plunged coffee, he gets up early so its no problem. We had large car trailer we were towing, safe parking off road was fantastic. We may not find ourselves in Warragul again but if we do we won't even look at anything else. 10/10
thanks Peter

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was not expecting much from this hotel. All I was really after was a clean room with a bed and bathroom facility.
Although the place has been obviously renovated to resemble something similar to what you would find in the city, it was not clean.
It smells like toilet cleaner. Badly. So much so that I'm not sure how I am going to sleep here. There is a brown stain on the left side of the king bed's cover, I'm not keen to closely examine it, but it looks like fecal matter.
There are enough bugs in here to make me unhappy.
I am glad I brought a robe with me which I can wrap around my pillow since I'm not really sure I want my face on the linen.
The walls are paper thin, I can hear my neighbours open every cupboard and their every word in conversation.
The 'free wifi' is capped at 300mg which I thought was okish, until I tried opening facebook which would not load and nor would my email. Which is all I need the internet for here.
Trip adviser has loaded though!

On the upside though, the man who checked me in was polite and professional.
The proximitely to the main street is quite good as well.
I'm sorry to leave such a Debbie Downer review, but I am quite disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ladyinastraightjacke
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stopped here for work overnight. The rooms have been upgraded and resemble those you would find in a city motel. King size bed, clean room, clean bathroom. Good price.
We were able to purchase breakfast which included a small buffett of all the essentials and bacon&eggs...very tasty they were too.
I was a little concerned to the closeness of the road, but it was very quiet and I slept peacefully.
Will be stopping here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warragul
Mercure Warragul
Comfort Inn Drouin
Comfort Inn Drouin
#1 of 1 in Drouin
Warragul Gardens Holiday Park

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Warragul Motel? Share your experiences!