“Well executed regional fare”
Review of Chambers food & wine bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The restuarant was rated No 1 on Trip Advisor so it was an easy choice to try it when in Warragul last Saturday night. The front of the restuarant with the well presented bar area was appealing. Perhaps because we had a late booking we were in a room at the back which was OK but nothing to write home about.

The highlight was the wine list with some very good wines at very reasonable prices. I'm a great fan of Yabby Lake Pinot Noir and they had the 2007 at a touch over $70. They had two bottles left and we had both of them.

The menu was a nice set up with something for everyone. While not a Tapas menu it was possible to share a few entrees if that's what you like doing. There was nothing too adventurous on the menu but it provided nice choice. Two of had the duck and it was fine and pithced at a sensible price.

The service was also fine and the wait staff good natured. In the context of Warragul certainly worth a visit if you're interested in food which is not too expensive but above pub fare. When we go again I'd like to see what its like in the front are of the restuarant in temrs of atmoshphere

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I enjoyed everything about our dining experience at Chambers in Warragul. The staff were attentive, the meals were fantastic and the atmosphere was cosy and delightful.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

We booked this one at the last minute and somewhat reluctantly after a previous less than ideal experience here but were pleasantly surprised. From walking in the door to paying the bill and leaving, the service was attentive and managed to tread that fine line between seeming to be hovering over you and being magically there whenever you needed them.
Washed down with a couple of bottles of Wild Dog Pinot Gris, the Bruschetta was very good and the fish pie excellent. Salads were crisp and there was lots of it. A rocket salad and a garden salad was plenty when shared between four of us. I didn't have dessert so can't comment on that. We were seated in one of the back rooms which was a little quieter than the front room and it was very pleasant near the fireplace. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Their bruschetta was absolutely to die for, gutsy bread topped with Tarago cheese, freshly picked basil pressed into the cheese, then tomato topped with olive tapenade. Not being an olive fan, I was tempted to scrape the tapenade off, but then I tried it. At the end I was pressing my finger to the plate trying to pick up every little bit of olive tapenade. I have no idea what they did but I've been trying to make it at home ever since. I think there was something very sneaky about that tapendade. It made an olive convert out of me. Also - oh God the bread. I've never had bread such as they serve in my entire life. It's worthwhile going for the bread alone.

1  Thank CooksToolkit
Reviewed 16 August 2009

when i heard about chambers new menu i was hesitant to say the least after past experiences but WOW!! the food was great the service was quick, friendly and efficient, the decor is cute as usual lil quirky but relaxing and atmospheric...but again WOW the food has improved ten fold!! it was tasty. different perfectly cooked and lives up to the menu description and the waitresses recomendations to a T. loved it and will be there again soon. GET THE WORD OUT!! chambers is BACK and people are lovin it

1  Thank newlocal