“Another great stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 Yarra Glen B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the second time in 2 years and it was just as good as we remembered. The owners were a pleasure to deal with and made our stay very enjoyable without being intrusive. Fresh bread and the morning paper greeted us on the Sunday morning and they even allowed a late check out. The rooms are clean and spacious and the wood fire is wonderful in the colder weather. It was a great place to base ourselves to explore Healesville, Yarra Glen and surrounds. Art at Linden Gate has the charm and warmth of a B&B and I would highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mono202

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Was lucky enough to see a small exhibit of local artists at Art at Linden Gate in Yarra Glen. Great little gallery with some great art currently on display. There are also some amazing sculptures by the resident artist in the gallery and surrounds. A great find in a lovely location.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 507Lyn
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed two nights at Art at Linden Cottage while I was in the area for a wedding. Perfectly set up with everything provided - fabulous breakfast provisions, daily paper, great coffee and teas, tim tams...just great. A big pile of wood for the wood heater, comfy bed, sparkling clean, wonderful corner spa with sky light all in a quiet and peaceful location. I highly recommend this place for a wonderful get away. It's set on a property so felt very safe, but also the hosts were very non intrusive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bayley22
Melbourne
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband, 8-month old son and my parents for a wedding. We hired out the two suites that are joined by a door. I love this place!
The setting was beautiful. The room was clean, tidy, quite spacious and tastefully decorated with original artwork. Breakfast supplies are provided and we enjoyed a delicious BBQ breakfast cooked by ourselves, sitting on the deck, overlooking vineyards.

I am struggling to think of criticism, but to nitpick:
The crockery and cutlery were spread between the rooms and one room had more than the other. It meant that we had to go from room to room, depending on what we needed. For example our room had all the cutlery and my parents room had all the cups. It didn't really bother us, but I hope that they sort that out when the rooms are rented to strangers.
There is a little "room" off the bedroom with a single bed in it. To be honest, it's not more than a cupboard. However, served our purpose perfectly as we only needed to fit a portacot in it.

I wish we had time to stay longer and have a look at the art gallery on site.
I would highly recommend staying here - I actually think this was better than the hotel the bride and groom got! Next time I stay in Yarra Glen, I'll be staying here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
De'Vine Escape
De'Vine Escape
#1 of 2 in Dixons Creek
Yering Gorge Cottages

Been to Art at Linden Gate? Share your experiences!