“Best potato cakes ever!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
High Side Cafe Yarra Glen
Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Yarra Glen
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Loved them and never found any as yummy as this. Big big issue is the wait, I waited 40 minutes on a Friday night for 6 potato cakes. The following week, 30 minutes and Thursday my hubby walked out as he was not prepared to wait 30 minutes. Shame as it is worth but we go on our way home. Possible tip, try phoning order through and see if it helps.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Not the cheapest fish and chips ever but you do get what you pay for and for $13 you can get a whopping char grilled hamburger that is 1 of the best my husband has ever tasted. The fish and chips also went down well with our friends and the kids.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We dropped by for a quick take away dinner.
We couldn't believe our luck the burgers were the best burgers we have ever eaten. They are probably better described as gourmet burgers. They were so big our son couldn't finish his and he is a machine.

Large fresh chips feeds about 6 people and we had a Greek salad while we were waiting which was lovely and fresh which I didn't expect at 8pm on an evening.

Also the couple working were friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Definitely recommend for a fabulous burger!

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Purchased fish and chips for the family. Was overcooked in dirty oil. really disgusting. hips were Calmost black and you could squeeze dark oil out of them. I called to complain and the owner answered the phone. He said he cooks well done and if I dont want them well done I should specify. I told him it was so much worse and looked like they had been cooked in black oil. he then tried to trll me he will pass on the message as he is not the owner after all! He did not offer to rectify or anything at all he simply told me I am wrong and the food is fine. I told him I was not looking for a replacement just acknoledgement and maybe an apology but he was not forthcoming basically implied it was my my bad luck. by this time i was quite upset and asked him to speak to the owner as suddenly hr was claiming he was not the owner. he basically said bad luck and that he doesnt want me as a custo customer. well he achieved that! I have posted a picture of the chips so people csn judge for thrmselves. if that is simply "well done" then I must be ignorant but they were inedible to us!