Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
US$140
US$128
Agoda.com
City Square Motel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$78
US$113
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Punthill Flinders Lane Apartments(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$103
    US$215
    US$193
    Westin.com
    • Pool
    Flinders Landing Apartments(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
    US$140
    US$136
      Home At Flinders(Melbourne)
      TripAdvisor
      • Fitness centre
      TripAdvisor
      1,158 results
      All reviewscellar doorrae's restaurantwine tastingyarra valleynespresso machinesteam roomtasting roomheated poolwalking trackbalgownie estate vineyard resortstaff at receptioncourse dinnermy partnermid weekbuffet breakfastlounge roomenjoyable stay
      Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a very enjoyable night here in a 2 bedroom spa suite. This is actually a 1 bedroom suite with interconnecting second queen room so you get 2 bathrooms/toilets and is perfect for a pair of singles or a pair of couples. The room was very large with big living room and nice views of the valley. The decor was modern and the bed was comfortable. The spa was large and really relaxing.

Staff that I came across were all very friendly. I had dinner and breakfast in rae's restaurant and really enjoyed my meals. Overall I was very impressed with the place and would recommend it to others considering short stays in the valley.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
      Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights recently. We drank their wine, ate their food and enjoyed their facilities. Room was great. Clean modern and most of all, warm. It gets cold in the valley at night. We also visited the Dandenongs and had a lovely trip on Puffing Billy. There are so many things to do nearby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Poor service and the facilities are an afterthought to the day spa and restaurant.

This is not a spa retreat. It's a very nice hotel room in the Yarra Valley, with great views of the car park and the vineyards beyond.

Access to the restaurant and the spa is across the busy car park. The services on offer at the spa may appear exhaustive but are rarely available. Mold is visible everywhere in the heated pool and finally staff need far more training on door knocking.

• Stayed: August 2014
      4  Thank Skopsos
      Balgownie-Estat... R, Manager at Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Good afternoon,
      Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. The pool/spa is cleaned on a daily basis with strict criteria to OH&S. This is cleaned and checked on a daily basis. I have re-emphasised to all staff the policy of knocking before entering any guest room. My apologies if this was not done during your stay. The car park area is open to the public as well as in house resort guests. The rear car park adjacent to the tennis court is soon to be landscaped with trees.
      Best regards
      Paul Koenig - Accommodation Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. We had a spa room. The bathroom was large, but the spa was not very clean. The view in the balcony was amazing. Swimming pool and gym were excellent. Overall the experience was very satisfied, and we were impressed with the hotel's breaky and dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
      2  Thank Jie W
      Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked a 2BR suite and was 'upgraded' to a directors suite when we arrived. Except that the directors suite did not have a spa nor did it come with a nespresso machine. When I called to ask, reception seem almost unwilling to swap my rooms over to my original booking. Eventually we settled into the new rooms and were much happier. The 2BR suites are essentially privilege suite plus a queen room. Accommodation was clean and comfortable.
      At check in, I had to ask about breakfast times even though it was included in my package. I had to ask where the facilities are. I wasn't made aware of the free internet until now when I am reading other people's posts.
      The pool was heated but quite cold at this time of the year.
      Breakfast at Rae's was rather ordinary. The fruits were not especially fresh though the waitress was quick to remove the offending one when I commented on it. We had a baby with us for breakfast and were not immediately offered a high chair but had to request for it.
      Overall we had a good time. But its hard not to when its the first beautiful sunny weekend the whole of winter.
      Great potential as it is a nice property with awesome views.

Room Tip: Corner privilege spa rooms are bigger and have a better view from the bed rooms. The rooms in the reception block has better views.
      Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family