“Let down by poor customer service”

Central Yarrawonga Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Yarrawonga
London, United Kingdom
“Let down by poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Good location. Clean rooms. A little noisy in particular in the morning the sound of the lady from reception shouting at one of the guests but also the town bell across the street which chimes incessantly. I have stayed here a few times and really know what a difference good customer service makes. This time I was greeted by a less than friendly woman who made my stay feel a little less like a holiday and things felt cheap and tacky which is a shame because every other time I have stayed I've felt like it's a second home.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Once you get past the daggy, dated decor, you find an excellent ( surprisingly quiet) centrally located hotel in Yarrawonga. The rooms are very clean and were serviced daily. We also found a comfortable bed ( we stayed in the 4 star deluxe room ( room - 20) . The new managers are friendly and efficient and manager in residence, Paul cooks the most amazing poached eggs for breakfast. A great place for a few nights.

Room Tip: lots of security cameras everywhere, meant we felt comfortable leaving the boat parked in the car pa...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Shepparton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at the motel I was greeted by the friendly staff who were very helpful and when there was a mix up with the room I booked I was upgrade to a better room for the same price. The room was well stocked with everything I needed (including an ironing broad which was nice).the bed was very comfortable not like some beds at motels which are lumpy and uncomfortable. The room was very clean. The staff will still helpful to me even after I checked out. Definitely a top motel. However on the first day of my stay when I was leaving my room the cleaning staff were very rude to me making comments about what I was wearing and laughing hysterically (it was just a t shirt with a batman logo and shorts nothing funny about that) I did not appreciate being laughed at in quite the manner that I was, I was quite offended by it to be honest and I don't know if I would stay again. Also there were a lot of black spiders in my room I kept finding them every where I went. But still you do have a good motel thanks for the good service :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Morwell, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

A great place for a stop over.
The location made it easy to find in the centre of town, but still off the main road so there was very little traffic noise.

The pool, barbeque area and all the gardens were well maintained.

Rooms were large, clean and comfortable.
Staff were helpful with recommendations for local eateries.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colint50
nambucca heads
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Central Yarrawonga Motor Inn for several nights as part of their "Linga Longa at Yarrawonga" tour. The owners and managers of the motel couldn't do enough to make the tour a success. Our booking in process was fast and efficient, much appreciated after a long bus trip to get there. All cases were delivered to our rooms. We were then greeted with drinks and nibbles to set the mood for the tour, and it didn't disappoint. Each day we were treated to an excellent and well planned trip, great food, and interesting places to see. We enjoyed dinner at a different location each night so there was always variety and something new and interesting. I always said you'd never catch me on a bus trip, but this one won me over. After each trip we returned to our motel where the room was cleaned and restocked.

Room Tip: if you are a club trip organiser, do check this tour and motel out. It gives fantastic value for mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank singscrap_10
World citizen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this motel for one night. I was given a friendly greeting and shown to my room which was warm and clean. You couldn't be more central in Yarrawonga then this motel. Free parking and good range of TV channels was a nice extra. There are some bells nearby which I was worried would keep me up all night but they seemed to stop at about 6pm and only start again around 9am (they chime every 15 minutes). A good value stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank funlight
Manager C, Manager at Central Yarrawonga Motor Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Hi, and thank you for such a kind review. We hope to see you again soon.
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We are surprised that this is rated so highly by other contributors. In our opinion it is very average. It was clean enough but not spotless; furnishings and bathroom need updating; bed was not comfortable -very wobbly and springy. And we were very surprised to be asked for an extra $20 for WiFi - and received a very arrogant response when we questioned it. This is 2013...... time to get up to date..... the least-good place we have stayed on our two week road trip, and all in the same price range.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s0mersetsal
Hi, and thanks for your review.

We have updated a lot of our furnishing, like new flat screen televisions, air conditioners and new mattresses. With regards to the WiFi, your main complaint that it wasnt free. We never once advertised that it was free, we act as a hot spot for Tomizone, the internet provider. Tomizone is the company that will charge you for it, we did however offer you to connect to our internet line if you were just wanting to review your emails,etc, but you declined in doing so. Tomizone actually charges $6, not $20 that you saying.

Thanks again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yarrawonga
Club Mulwala
Quality Motel
Quality Motel
#2 of 4 in Yarrawonga
Mulwala Paradise Palms Motel

Been to Central Yarrawonga Motor Inn? Share your experiences!