I posted a review of this property on TripAdvisor almost ten years ago. My opinion of this place has done a 180-degree turn. For a hotel with over 2000 rooms, the service here is outstanding. Food in every restaurant was outstanding. Room service was as good as I've had in any hotel I've ever been to. Yes, everything about the place is grossly overpriced. But I'm afraid supply and demand is a factor here.
The place is so massive, I was nervous about checking in. But somehow they make it easy. If you are self parking, there is a place where they let you park your car for 15 minutes while you check in.
Rooms are very nice. Only slightly dated things are the beds and end tables. One notable negative about Opryland Resort: the beds and pillows; they are not comfortable.
We were there during the Christmas lights. Noticeable difference between night and day. At night, the place is teeming with tourists. In the morning, mainly just hotel guests are there. So you don't have the huge crowds.
The place is beautiful. Of course, this is a place where you want a room looking over the interior of the building. They gave us a free upgrade upon check-in. It was my birthday and they went out of their way to get balloons for me. One of the front desk people purchased some balloons off the property, on her own time, for my wife to give to me. They do not keep balloons there.
The service, food, rooms and overall property here are outstanding. To get in the Christmas spirit, I think I would choose Opryland over other Southern locales as Asheville or Madison, Ga. Yes, it is pricey. The $18 resort fee is a joke. Most of the items covered by the fee are free of charge at other properties. But you only live once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Marriott, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel