My husband spent 2 nights at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel attending the 2014 AAAA Convention. After we arrived and parked at the designated parking lot, we had a difficult time finding the lobby.
Once we found the lobby, we asked for a inside room and were given a room on the 3rd floor of the Magnolia part of the hotel. We were told it had one of the best views. After getting there we found our selves on the third floor but looking out we were actually on the first floor with a view not so good. What we saw was a walk way, plants, and the front of a restaurant. We called the front desk and were put on hold twice, waiting more than 5 minutes. We hung up and went back to the lobby. And if you ever have been at this hotel you know how far of a walk it is. We told them of our problem and the young man took the additional $59 for the inside view off of the bill. The hotel was pretty much sold out so we were not able to get a better room, only one which was similar to the one we had. The room was nice, not any different from any other hotel room while the cost is much higher. It was quiet though and we got a good night sleep. The room was not cleaned until late in the afternoon. We also noticed tables and left overs from guests who ordered breakfast were left in the hall way pretty much all day. Even though most of the staff was very nice one of the housekeeping employees did not see it fit to hold the elevator for us. Our remote control to the tv was not working and after being promised someone would check it out, no one came. The grounds of the hotel are absolutely beautiful but can be visited without having to stay at the hotel. Restaurants are pricy and you'll get a much better deal leaving the hotel grounds. All in all we still had a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Marriott, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel