Entering the hotel lobby was a surprise just because of the volume of guests checking in. It felt like you are in an airport with a long line to the counter. We arrived Friday night and maybe because it was a weekend, there were more people but they could have opened up the other counters so check-in would be faster.
Despite the wait, the hotel itself is impressive with acres of plants, flowers, waterfalls and river at its center. Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking the gardens and restaurants below. The whole facility is temp controlled so you do not feel the heat outside but a downside to this is even when the air conditioning is turned off, you still feel cold especially in the middle of the night. Our room was adequate with a mini refrigerator and wi-fi is free. There are restaurants inside the hotel but they are a bit pricey and parking is also pricey. The hotel itself is beautiful though and my only complaint is that it took them a while to clean the room. We left in the morning and came back after lunch with our room not yet cleaned. We left again and came back in the evening finding it cleaned but the dirty linens, towels and pizza box from our dinner the night before outside our door. We assumed that the hotel is so large, it must take time for them to clean it out BUT when until we checked out, the dirty linens, towels, and pizza box remained outside our door. The housekeeping crew and some clean-up people passed by it a couple of times, but I guess nobody was proactive enough to tell the management that it was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's iconic Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover 2,882 guest rooms and 700,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel