“Itching to leave”

Ranked #95 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Boerne, Texas
“Itching to leave”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Well, I took my family from Texas to Pennsylvania to visit relatives and stayed at this hotel in early June, 2012. I was eaten alive by some sort of insect which I believe was probably bed bugs. I took photos of my leg (and would have showed my leg to the clerk if asked) she did not seem surprised or apologetic about my experience but promptly offered a refund or commensurate bonus points. I had approximately ten bites/welts which itched for two weeks and have almost disappated more than a month later. This situation caused so much stress as we thought we had brought them back to Texas with us (but after much prayer found out we didn't). We stayed at LaQuintas for about 12 nights on this trips and this was really the only major issue we had. By the way, from some cursory research it would appear that Nashville hotels are suffering from some significant bed bug infestations. I contacted the hotel recently to verify if the insects they found were indeed bed bugs but they advised their pest control found nothing... this response from their GM was VERY DISAPPOINTING after all of the stress this hotel caused me and my wife. If my infant son had been bitten the tone of this message would be exponentially worse, but thankfully he was secured in an infant sleeper and not affected.

Room Tip: The GM said that room 507 was not infested, not sure that that was the room we stayed in but if you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

4 Thank RonE724

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located within close proximity to all major Opryland attractions and shopping. The staff were so very kind, courteous, and professional. The rooms are large, beds are comfortable, and the entire stay was nice. I would recommend this hotel for families, business trips, and even just a weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Outstanding La Quinta. The room was comfortable and clean. The swimming pool was Excellent, Crystal Clear and was just what we needed after a drive from Little Rock and spending part of the evening on Broadway. If your going to Nashville this is the property to stay at.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I come to Nashville about two times a year and because of location/work, have stayed at this hotel for the past 5 years. In those 5 years I have seen this hotel go from average to absolute "terrible." The drapes are torn, the bathtub was so thin I thought I would fall through it, the carpets were dirty and the whole place smelled like someone had overhauled a car in it...and, the place had mold and mildew everywhere. My wife came with me on this visit and told me she would never stay in this Laquinta again. Now I am a member and have been for about 15 years...and I am getting more and more dissappointed with the Laquintas I have stayed in. The chain certainly is not what it was 15, 10, or even 5 years. ago. Additionally, I have noticed the free morning offerings for breakfast have diminished in quality as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel twice in a months time period. The first time was in June 2012 and the air conditioner in one of our rooms didn't work properly. I reported it but did not get any help. Understanding that occasionally things happen that are out of the front desk's control, I stayed again in July for one night. Someone in our party accidentally left a pair of very nice sandals in the room when we checked out and I cannot get the hotel to even acknowledge that the shoes were found, much less mail them to us. Its been 2 weeks now. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Cathy D
Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am very contented with LaQuinta's prices, the free breakfast as well as their pet friendly policy. Even when I don't travel with my dog I use LaQuinta because I appreciate that it is always an option. Staff were very helpful and professional!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Tennessee
Reviewed 29 July 2012

First of all, I was charged the wrong rate...

Then, we checked into a dirty room- bed unmade, towels on bed, wrappers on bed. We were given a new room which smells.

Dirty, dirty, dirty! It's dirty everywhere.

Please do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012