“Poor Management”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #92 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This property should be nice, but it's managed poorly in my opinion. We arrived about 4:30 PM to find the doors propped open, despite the temperature being in the high 80s. The A/C in the lobby was broken! After being reassured by another guest that the A/C was working in the rooms, I got in line to check in.

There was a line of four people waiting in front of me and only one over-heated, but pleasant, person working. It took almost 20 minutes to check in. Like I said; bad management.

After dinner, we came back and couldn't wait to put on our swimsuits to cool off in the pool. But we couldn't get the gate to open to the pool. Checking in at the front desk, we were told the pool was closed until "the pool man came to clean it." But we could use the pool at the other La Quinta a mile or so away. Another inconvenience due to bad management.

Speaking of inconvenience, the commode wouldn't flush with the handle. I had to take off the lid from the tank and manually pull up the flush valve. The next day when I went back to the hot lobby to eat breakfast, I went to the front desk and told them. They offered to give me another room, making another inconvenience for us. I said no, I would prefer it to be fixed!

After seeing the sights of Nashville, we came back, and low and behold, the toilet was working! I guess they are paying at least a little attention.

After dinner we saw that the pool was now open. Great! We got into our suits to finally hit the pool. On the elevator down, we ran into wet people on their way back from the pool. Then we got the bad news; the pool was closed again, The underwater light was burnt out. More inconvenience!

This could be a nice property but management is unable to keep it that way! The way it is managed, I think it offers a poor value compared to other properties.

1  Thank Dan H

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent a week here (June 17-22, 2013) in room 423. My son was shooting in the State Tournament and we chose this La Quinta because they accept pets at no extra charge. The beds were very small, hard for 2 people to sleep in. The room was fairly clean, but could be cleaner. There was peanut butter or something similar on the front of the dresser when we got in the room. My husband cleaned it off. The free continental breakfast was ok....waffles, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, milk, orange juice, fruit and muffins. The pool was nice and clean, but was drained towards the end of the week, so we couldn't use it the whole week. Not sure why, but maybe to fix the lights that I read about in another review. The hall noise is terrible....doors slamming constantly. You can't hear noise from room to room, but anything can be heard near the doors. I sneezed once inside my room and someone in the hall said "Bless You"...no lie. If you don't want to hear dogs barking when you are in the hall, don't stay at a hotel that accepts pets, it's that simple....dogs will bark when they hear noises and this hotel has plenty of noises in the hall. The location is good for anything you would do in Nashville. Recommended places to eat.....Caney Fork, Monell's, Fox's Pizza....all yummy!

1  Thank TnBanditsMom
A La Quinta traveler
Brigham City, Utah, USA
Reviewed 23 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We requested a non smoking room and recieved a smoking room. Pool closed at 8 due to the pool lights not working. No hot water and according to maintenance it was due to too many guests at the hotel. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank scmorgan_ms
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed the stay as did our granddaughter who loved the pool and the elevator We had our 2 dogs with us and stay in a room that had other pets you could tell because of the carpet other then that we will stay at this hotel again if we ever go to Nashville again

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank 393cathyh
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Last night we stayed in Mansfield, Ohio at a LaQuinta which seems to be a newer one than this one, but that is fine. We bus travelers had help with our larger suitcases, in fact, ours were sitting in the room when we got upstairs with our overnight ones. I like the plastic attachment to the desk for plugging in my laptop and other features are good--we even have two bottles of Diet Cola in the refrigerator! We were somewhat amused to find the same four photos in a wall display--very pleasant, and a change from still lifes. We know from this morning's breakfast that it will be substantial and enjoyable.

Room Tip: It is handy to be fairly close to the elevator--less far to drag bags.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MartiAbell
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Pro's: The room was clean, as were the linens.
Cons: The toilet had to be flushed twice every time, even if you held down the handle, and the sink didn't drain. There were very few accessible electrical outlets in the room, and most didn't work. On checkout, I mentioned these things to the clerk so that the deficiencies could be fixed prior to the next occupant, but she barely listened, which made me wonder how many times they had been reported previously. I had also asked for an 8:30 shuttle ride to the airport 45 minutes ahead of time as instructed and the desk clerk wrote it down, yet when we came downstairs 5 minutes early, the shuttle was getting ready to pull off without us and the clerk told me to run to stop it.

Based on our experiences, I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends