“Convenient, but room was OK”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #94 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Stuart, Florida
“Convenient, but room was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I found the service was great. The room configuration was odd, but adequate. Breakfast was good. It’s convenient and close to the airport. Ask to sleep in a room away from the highway, if you don’t like the noise. They don’t have a drive thru, so unloading/loading could be congested.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Highway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Good location in Nashville to get around with reasonable prices. I stay here on business and like the amenities available, especially shuttle to and from airport. Breakfast is suitable for my tastes as long as they do not have busloads of people eating simultaneously. Stay here frequently so staff knows my preferences which is quite nice.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter, especially if you like to open the doorwall for fresh air.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

No major complaints, we just needed a cheap place near the Opry and that's what we got. Rooms clean but musty; Beds ok, could hear airplanes through the night. Fitness center only had one working machine( I guess the bike and elliptical were just for show?) Breakfast was a feeding frenzy. Very crowded and not enough seating. Waffles, danish, cereal, juice broken, instant coffee. Friendly service; excellent recommendation for dinner with local fresh food and live music (Ellendales = GO!). Note: hotel is pet friendly; there were dogs everywhere. Could hear and smell them. Even one at breakfast. Found this strange. Bottom line, I'd stay again for $60 and a quick place to crash

• Stayed July 2013
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

This property should be nice, but it's managed poorly in my opinion. We arrived about 4:30 PM to find the doors propped open, despite the temperature being in the high 80s. The A/C in the lobby was broken! After being reassured by another guest that the A/C was working in the rooms, I got in line to check in.

There was a line of four people waiting in front of me and only one over-heated, but pleasant, person working. It took almost 20 minutes to check in. Like I said; bad management.

After dinner, we came back and couldn't wait to put on our swimsuits to cool off in the pool. But we couldn't get the gate to open to the pool. Checking in at the front desk, we were told the pool was closed until "the pool man came to clean it." But we could use the pool at the other La Quinta a mile or so away. Another inconvenience due to bad management.

Speaking of inconvenience, the commode wouldn't flush with the handle. I had to take off the lid from the tank and manually pull up the flush valve. The next day when I went back to the hot lobby to eat breakfast, I went to the front desk and told them. They offered to give me another room, making another inconvenience for us. I said no, I would prefer it to be fixed!

After seeing the sights of Nashville, we came back, and low and behold, the toilet was working! I guess they are paying at least a little attention.

After dinner we saw that the pool was now open. Great! We got into our suits to finally hit the pool. On the elevator down, we ran into wet people on their way back from the pool. Then we got the bad news; the pool was closed again, The underwater light was burnt out. More inconvenience!

This could be a nice property but management is unable to keep it that way! The way it is managed, I think it offers a poor value compared to other properties.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan H
GRAY, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent a week here (June 17-22, 2013) in room 423. My son was shooting in the State Tournament and we chose this La Quinta because they accept pets at no extra charge. The beds were very small, hard for 2 people to sleep in. The room was fairly clean, but could be cleaner. There was peanut butter or something similar on the front of the dresser when we got in the room. My husband cleaned it off. The free continental breakfast was ok....waffles, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, milk, orange juice, fruit and muffins. The pool was nice and clean, but was drained towards the end of the week, so we couldn't use it the whole week. Not sure why, but maybe to fix the lights that I read about in another review. The hall noise is terrible....doors slamming constantly. You can't hear noise from room to room, but anything can be heard near the doors. I sneezed once inside my room and someone in the hall said "Bless You"...no lie. If you don't want to hear dogs barking when you are in the hall, don't stay at a hotel that accepts pets, it's that simple....dogs will bark when they hear noises and this hotel has plenty of noises in the hall. The location is good for anything you would do in Nashville. Recommended places to eat.....Caney Fork, Monell's, Fox's Pizza....all yummy!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family