La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #95 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Tampa, Florida
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We stopped here on our way home to Florida from Chicago.
The hotel itself is very clean. The front desk staff was nice and went out of their way to find a king room for my boyfriend and I. Location of the room wasn't so great, first floor right by the main door, but I didn't care it was the only king room they had left.

The room was kind of small but the bed was comfy, the air worked great and it was very very clean.
The location is also very good too. Close to the Opry Mills Mall and there are several restaurants right up the street. Downtown Nashville is probably 10 minutes away if that.

If I went back to Nashville I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location - close to the Opry Mills mall
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, ILL
Reviewed 25 May 2008

Driving through to go the beach, and stopped at this hotel. Location is fair, had to go through many street though. Front Desk overall nice, young lady was a bit rude at times to other guests in front of us, but nice to us. Rooms could use an update, there was a spider in the room, however hotel houseman came right away to get rid of it. Despite the bug issue, I will stay at this hotel again. It is an overall good hotel.

• Stayed May 2008
Labadie, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2008

I've stayed at several inexpensive hotels in this part of Nashville, and this LaQuinta is definitely the best! The room was clean, and offered free breakfast and internet. The staff was helpful, and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We stayed one night in March 08 at this LQ. I chose this hotel because I got a good rate ($55) and because of the close location to the airport, Opryland area, and downtown. The location was excellent, just minutes from each of my destinations. The exterior of the hotel looks very nice. But the inside is in definite need of an update. We had a decent basic room with two double beds, but this LQ is of the "old" variety with the green carpet and white and green tile squares in the bathroom. It was fine for a one night stay, but I will just repeat my title: this is a "dated" facility that needs updating. If you just need a place to sleep, this is fine, but compared to the LQ in Elizabethtown we stayed at the previous two nights, this was a major step down. Double beds instead of queen beds (although they were very comfortable). This hotel could be outstanding because every room has a balcony window. But as it is, it is just a "room." The lobby is nice and the continental breakfast was good (better than Elizabethtown, in my opinion). Again, if you just need an "average" cheap room, this fits the bill. If you want something really nice, don't stay here (at least not until they upgrade!)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the whole room needed to be updated
  • Stayed March 2007
1 Thank TravelFan
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 6 March 2008

I've stayed here twice, this week and in April of 2007. Both times I've found the staff to be helpful and the rooms to be clean. The lobby is nice and the breakfast area is clean and well maintained.

I regard it as one of the "nicer" Laquintas. I would definitely give it four stars for hotels under $100.

Pros - quick access to downtown Nashville. You're only about 10 minutes away from most of the downtown attractions. As a single, female traveler I felt safe at this hotel. They also welcomed my black Labrador Retriever, no problem.

Cons - when you book your room ask for the side facing the residential area. The rooms have little balconies but we were on the side that is right next to the interstate. Didn't bother us with the sliding glass doors closed, but it was a nice night and we thought we might leave the window open - couldn't, traffic sounds on interstate were much too loud with the windows open.

• Liked — Easy access to downtown Nashville.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank KristyTravels
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2008

My mom & I were on a road trip from CA to VA, with her 2 dogs. We had planned to spend 1 night in Nashville, but it ended up being 5, because of car trouble. No complaints from us! We loved Nashville and this was a wonderful home base.

The hotel was good on all the basics levels: clean, fairly new furnishings, microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, small balcony, pool and ample pet areas. Only complaint on the amenities: no exhaust fan in the bathrooms.

The staff was wonderful. When we checked in, we looked at connecting 2-room suite. It was perfect for an extended stay and giving us and the dogs rooms to spread out. Since we didn't really know how long it would take to fix our truck when we first checked in, we were advised that we may end up having to change rooms depending on how long we stayed. When that time came, the staff was so helpful in trying their best to keep us in the same room, and even when that still wasn't possible, made extra effort to find us a regular room with a fridge & microwave.

My parents went back to Nashville (w/ their dogs) in Oct and stayed here again. It was another good experience.

NOTE: A MUST do for ANY music lover: The Blue Bird Cafe!!! It was the highlight of my trip w/ my mom and the main reason she took my dad back for a vacation a few months later.

• Stayed July 2007
Ontario
Reviewed 13 January 2008

I travel quite a bit on business.

I'm always careful about trying to find a safe location, given that I may be visiting the city for the first time. This was my first trip to Nashvile. This hotel looks to me to be in a good area, and I had few worries about my safety.

Next, I look for hotels that aren't fancy, but offer good basic service at a reasonable price. This hotel fit that description. It's not fancy, but it's not threadbare.

I travel a lot on business, by myself, so I don't need a big room. This La Quinta room size was fine for me.

I visited when the hotel isn't busy (January) and so the hotel was not crowded, nor was it loud or noisy. I had a very good night's sleep.

The room was very clean and well kept. Common areas showed some 'scuffing' but not too bad.

I had two bags and when I came into the lobby, the front counter staff came out to help me with the doors. Very nice. Then we had a friendly chat about my last name, and a place kicker from the New York Giants who had the same last name. The fellow who served me was very friendly and helpful.

So though this isn't the Waldorf Astoria, neither is it a run down hotel on the strip.

You will need a car if you stay at this hotel, as there aren't many nearby restaurants.

There is a Waffle House not too far away, but the 'strip' where there are more restaurants is about 4 stoplights west. And the blocks between the stoplights are long.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business