“Not the Marriott, minor issues, but not the worst...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #106 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 8 January 2014

First off let me break this review down into a holistic review. The hotel is across the street from a business park which is very nice. The hotel grounds and surrounding area seem safe, and are well kept. The downside is there is little variety of off-site restaurants other than a Waffle House or a restaurant inside the Marriott or Holiday Inn.

The hotel itself is older, but it has undergone a facelift. I don't want to misguide you and lead you to believe that the hotel has been fully remodeled because my room was upgraded with what appeared to be new paint, fresh carpet, new curtains, lamp shades, and a new t.v. however the desk and other amenities looked as if they have been in the hotel for some time (though they were not broke or in bad shape). The t.v. is fairly small for the room, and the bathroom doesn't appear to have been remodeled in my room. You have to understand though...most renovations go in phases, maybe the bathroom renovation phase is on the way or currently in progress in other rooms.

The heater worked well however; it did have a popping noise before it ran, though not enough to wake me up or disturb my work. A couple of the lamps and pictures are not level and though this is just a minor issue, it shows that the renovation was just a quick fix.

The front desk staff was great especially Gary, he was very polite, hospitable, and always knew who I was and what room I was in. Gary truly provides excellent customer service. I found several hairs in my bathtub which I did not report because I was able to wash them down the drain myself. I think this is just a housekeeping oversight, and should be addressed, but as a previous employee of both a limited service motel and a full service hotel, I understand things happen, and sometimes it is best just to take care of it yourself. There is no excuse though for sub-par cleanliness.

Overall...my room was clean with minor cosmetic issues and a couple of rogue hairs in my bathtub. I know what these hotels go through, and I can honestly say I never felt that this hotel was unclean or unsafe. Is it the Marriott across the street? No., Is it the Days Inn down the highway? No. So if you are in the market for a clean hotel to sleep in while on vacation or on business then I wouldn't hesitate staying at this hotel. It's not the best La Quinta I've stayed in but it is certainly not the worst.

I paid $65 + tax for my room, I wouldn't pay over $75 + tax for this hotel, as I think there are newer and probably a little nicer hotels out there in a more "hoppin" location.

Happy Travels my friends

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheKYTraveler

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Clean comfortable room. No major complaints. The water in the shower could definitely have been hotter and the wireless internet was a bit slow for my liking. Breakfast was good and had good variety. Very convenient location for interstate access. Not the Ritz but a clean and comfortable place to stay and good return on price paid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I based my stay at this location over a lower-priced and more conveniently located LaQuinta based upon customer reviews. My experience was far below the experience of other travelers. Next time I visit Nashville I will choose a hotel based on convenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Perfect hotel for staying outside the city center. Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff...great breakfast and best of all....the beds! As always, La Quinta's in our book are an excellent value for the price paid. Love the little breakfast...always enough great choices for any diet and this one even has an excellent little panty to purchase items without having to leave the premises. Wish it had an outdoor jacuzzi though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked this hotel for a very low rate ($54/night) due to money constraints and expected to arrive a a hotel that was of lower quality, but that was not the case. The room was very clean, the lobby well-kept, and the service was wonderful. We were in town for a convention and the staff was very helpful when we needed down time. They were very knowledgeable of the area, attractions, cab rates, etc. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

LaQuinta at Nashville Airport was very clean and very quiet. Plan to eat breakfast elsewhere and check your mattress. The one in our room was worn out. It sank in the middle. We both had sore backs the next morning. But overall, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda C
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here for one night after seeing an event at The Opry. The hotel was very convenient for us. It served our purpose well, but don't think this would be my first choice for more than one night. It was clean but could use a little more renovations beyond the flat screen TV's that they have already installed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family