“just about adequate”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
Ranked #106 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This La quinta was a very big hotel,main problem was that smoking and nonsmoking rooms are on same floors and the smell of smoke in corridor was terrible.Also the rooms were not made up until 5pm,which is not acceptable.especially when one has spent the day in Nashville and wants to relax in room.Breakfast was average but better than the ones in La quintas in Savannah and charlston.Location was not great ,our room was by highway and no trees or barrier to cut out noise.It was 10 mins drive to Opry land .Receptionist was not that friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 May 2014

When I made the reservation I requested a sofa or love seat. I felt like that was doable. When we checked in we were informed that those furnishings were only available in a suite. I didn't much care for the attitude of the clerk on duty. That was our first disappointment. We came down to the front desk to request a blanket for my sister in-law. We waited for more than 10 minutes for the desk clerk to show up. The day we left, we noticed some of the staff in line with the guest to use the waffle makers. I thought this was unusual, so I checked with the front desk. They said it shouldn't have happened. This hotel is in a great location. It's convenient to Opry Land and downtown Nashville. With a little work it could be a very good hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bmulkey0525
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Nashville hotel was simply unacceptable, left after one night. The place was dirty had an Oder in the rooms (Not from smoking) The rooms were so small had difficulty in walking in the room. The breakfast was simply BAD lowest food choices of any LQ I have ever stayed at, left and went out for breakfast. Like in my earlier post in this survey I have a room booked in Memphis, TN for June 8th and if it is the same quality of accommodations and room size I will be finished with LQ.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I think there are better options out there for the price. The hotel was dated. The electric outlets in our room were over loaded. We had concerns of fire. The Microwave and the refrigerator did not work as a result of the overloaded electrical outlets. When my husband went to shower he had no hot water. having to wait about 10 minutes. The beds were wonderfully comfortable :) Cleanliness was satisfactory when we arrived. Since we brought our cat we did not have our room serviced. The light above the door was out. The sink counter was to small. My husband and I couldn't share the area to get ready at the same time. The hotel was outdate. When getting off the elevator the corridor was very narrow, making it difficult to maneuver the luggage cart. Our Car was BROKEN INTO in the parking lot. Although they only took a small amount of change leaving personal items and our garmin behind along with broken glass and a wet backseat. This cut our vacation short since we couldn't secure our vehicle. The bathroom (tub and toilet) area was somewhat small.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 days while in Nashville. The first room they put us in smelled really strongly of cigarette smoke. Went downstairs to get another room (I have asthma) and the clerk (was friendly) told us that there were no "smoking rooms" at the hotel so he was confused. Said: "It must come up through the floor." (What does that even mean? How could it, if you're saying the room below doesn't allow smoking either?) The next room they put us in was just fine - except that it had 2 full beds instead of our original 1 king. Found the hotel lobby, hallways, and (second) room to be quite clean. The beds were comfortable. Room had fridge & micro. Wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to stay here again, but wouldn't be super upset if I did. (IE: Got a great deal on Hotwire, & they were running a special of additional $25 off. B/c of how Hotwire works, we didn't know this was the hotel we were staying in when we paid.)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmasc1
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is convenient to the Grand Old Opry, which was our point of interest on this trip. The front staff was very accommodating as we needed a room as pet-free as possible. Room was sufficient for an overnight.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Located near the airport and close to Opryland the hotel is a good value. Easy to find and close to shopping and Opry. Breakfast was not very good. Staff friendly and rooms reasonable in size and ours was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Nashville hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#71 of 160 in Nashville
Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland? Share your experiences!