“Great hotel!”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #33 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was very helpful at check-in, and placed us on the requested higher floor. We heard very little noise. It is in a neighborhood with other hotels. Not a lot of restaurant choices in the area, but not a far drive to downtown Nashville for many choices.
The room is large and open. I loved the layout of a king-sized bed with a small divider between it and the large sectional type sofa. Big screen TV that could swivel to either side. Desk and kitchenette. The toilet/shower room is very small, but there is a large sink/vanity space in the open area between it and the bedroom.
I will look for Hyatt Place on other trips!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 11 July 2011

My friends and I stayed here for a bachelorette party. The rooms were very spacious, clean and the location was very convenient to Downtown and Midtown areas. There also seemed to be alot to do around the hotel. The whole staff was friendly, even taking the time to take pictures of our group for us. Also, the price compared to other area hotels was amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Hyatt Place was one of the last stops on our month long road trip. It was also the most expensive. ($115 after 4 different taxes and fees.) I had to have my husband call ahead to do a credit card authorization after I lost my card while on the road and it took multiple phone calls over three days to get Hyatt to send him the correct form. On the upside, when I finally arrived in Nashville, check in was a breeze and the staff was excellent. The gals at the front desk were warm and welcoming, and chatted with the kids.

The room was clean and well-appointed. The beds were comfy. The kids loved the gigantic LCD tv, and the divided room was a great addition, especially when I wanted to go through photos after lights out. I definitely felt ok walking around barefoot, which is my hotel litmus test.

The a/c was a little tricky, as it seemed to be freezing next to the a/c but warm in the rest of the room.

The bathroom was spotless and the water pressure was perfect.

I recommend figuring Bob Evan's breakfast into your travel budget, though. There are NO hot items on the breakfast menu and, again, for $115 a night I'd like some scrambled eggs. You WILL pay for all your extras ($4 for a hot coco seemed a little steep, but maybe I'm just cheap). Music Mile Tip: The shuttle from Hyatt Place is $10 per person, but I had no problem whatsoever finding parking downtown for just $5. Again, yes, I'm cheap, haha.

I would stay at Hyatt Place again, but I will plan better next time. The incredible staff truly was the saving grace, and I can't say enough good about all of them, from check-in to housekeeping. Top notch service!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank swampfox919
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting Nashville and had a great stay!

Rooms: The rooms are modern and spacious with huge HDTV's, sectional softa, mini fridge, office area, and comfy beds.
Staff: The staff was friendly and accommodating.
Food: The breakfast was pretty basic but definitely sufficient and nicely presented. It would be nice if they offered coffee in the lobby all day but it's gone as soon as breakfast is gone (which is as early as 9:30AM some days).
Location: I thought the location was just fine so long as you have a car to get around. It's an easy 15 minute drive to downtown and it's such an easy city to navigate...you can find reasonable parking if you look around a little bit.
Other: The fitness center was very nice but consisted entirely of cardio equipment-no weights at all, which annoyed my husband.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay when visiting the Nashville area!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The hotel was great, big lovely rooms, great staff, nice food, free breakfast, 24 hour service. The only downside is it's out across from opryland which is 15 min drive out of town. If you stay here,rent a car! We didn't, and it was pretty inconvenient to get anywhere. The hotel shuttle doesn't start going into town until 3pm, so we had to get cabs which cost$25 each time. But a seriously god well priced hotel.

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place, at Opryland. The location was perfect for visiting the Opryland Hotel, and the Grand Ole Opry. The staff was so friendly and helpful with anything we needed, including great suggestions for dinner and attractions. The rooms were very clean and quiet. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Nashville.

Royce & Barb Hunt
Georgetown, IN

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Pretty new Hyatt with comfortable, large rooms, good breakfast which can be extended at a reasonable price, very helpful staff in walking distance to Grand ole Opry, Opryland mall

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo