Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Omni Hotels
US$366
US$301
BestWestern.com
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$255
HIExpress.com
US$454
US$437
1,286 results
All reviewsgrand ole opryfree shuttlewet barseparate sitting areasmall bathroomfree breakfasttoilet and showershuttle servicestarbucks coffeeopry landnear oprylandspacious roommini fridgefresh fruitgreat place to staybreakfast sandwichconvenient location
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This was our first hotel of a 3 week road trip, having arrived from airport we got a very quick, friendly & helpful check in.
Rooms were very clean, large & spacious with all the amenities that you need.
Pool is out the back and a bit overlooked by next hotel but only used it to cool down after being out all day.
There are a couple of restaurants nearby which was ideal after travelling all day, as it is about 15-20 mins to downtown Nashville.
Use Tommys Tours to take you downtown easier than trying park, especially at nightime he operates until approx 2.00 am at weekends.
Hotel will take you in the mini bus to nearby opryland, we worth a visit.
Reception recommended shopping centres and aslo printed out the route planners for us to use, worked better than the sat nav.
Great breakfast in the morning with plenty of choice, didn't use the snack bar but food did look ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Thank goodness I stayed at this Hyatt Place rather than the monstrosity that is the Gaylord across the "street." The Hyatt Place provides much better value without all the countrified tackiness that the Gaylord banks on. Plus you won't walk 10 miles to your room.

The HP shuttle will take you to the Gaylord if you must go due to a convention like I had, and all of the shuttle drivers were pleasant and helpful. The front desk attendants were also helpful and they gave me the "best room in the house" (at least by my standards, which is the top floor, end of the hall). It was quiet, even more so due to my room location! Comfy bed, nice desk area, clean property, nice little pool out back, plenty of parking. Parents will be glad to see there is a putt putt and go cart facility behind the hotel. (And a good Thai place too right by the go-carts).

Breakfast is typical of other Hyatt Place properties - probably the weakest spot for them as a whole. If you see my other reviews you'll see I am a Hyatt Place fan and continue to be after staying in this great property. If I have to attend another convention at the Gaylord I will be sure NOT to stay there and will come back to this Hyatt Place!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I love the Hyatt Place concept, but this property falls short of the brand identity. The kiosks to do self-check in and check out were covered up and not working. Both beds in our room appeared to have been inhabited by 600-pound people for weeks, with sinkholes right in the middle. Even the sheets on the bed were so rough that they felt itchy. Breakfast was not nearly as nice as what I've seen in other Hyatt Place properties. This places needs a redo.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed two nights at this hotel while visiting the Grand Ole Opry. The hotel is easily accessible, being a short distanace from I-40 on "Music Valley Drive" just off the Briley Parkway. There was ample parking available in front of the hotel entrance. There are a few more hotels in the same general area, but I made my decision to stay here based on current reviews and prices of the surrounding hotels. I made my reservations using the hyatt.com website, and promptly received an email confirmation. Check-in was simple and easier than any hotel I have ever stayed. There is a kiosk near the front door that guests can use for check-in and check-out. I didn't use it for check-in, but I did for check-out. I told the person at the desk my name, and she gave me my room keys. There was no paperwork, and no duplication of the same stuff that I already entered during the reservation process on their website, like you usually get at other hotels. Lobby was nice, elevators were fine. My double-bed room was spacious, although the the beds seemed to be only full size, not queen size. Beds slept ok, room was furnished with iron/board, hair dryer, several small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. There was free wireless internet access in my room. The hotel seems to be somewhat older, but they have kept it updated well.

I asked about entertainment / attractions in the area, and they gave me a sheet of discount coupons to use at the local shops,(although there are not many shops) along with a brief discussion about what was available in the area. The hotel also offers complimentary shuttle transportation to the Gaylord Opryland Resort for touring, and the Grand Ole Opry. Using the complimentary shuttle to the Gaylord Opryland Resort will save you $18.95 parking fee at the resort. Hyatt shuttle service will come back and pick you up when you're ready. I used the shuttle service to tour the Opryland resort for a few hours, but drove my own car to the Grand Ole Opry, since parking is free at the Opry. The Gaylord Opryland Resort is certainly worth a tour. It'll take you about 3 or 4 hours to tour it, if you eat while you are there. They have several restaurants, many shops, and even a boat ride inside that dome covered botanical garden resort. The Grand Ole Opry is one of the best entertaining shows I have experienced. It's hard to imagine that this entire area was under water from the flood of 2010. They have done an unbelievable job of restoration.

I paid about $79.00 per night for my room. Compared to $200 - $300 at the Gaylord Resort, I would say this was a reasonably good value. The Hyatt Place hotel had some kind of continental breakfast, but I wanted eggs and bacon, so I opted for the McDonald's at the end of the street on my way out. I used the kiosk to check-out. That was fast and simple. Everyone at the hotel, and the whole area, was friendly and courteous. If traveling in that area again, I would certainly consider staying at the Hyatt Place again, although the rates would still have to be competitive.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Bottom Line: This hotel is very nice and comfortable, and I would consider staying here again; however I would try to get something closer to downtown Nashville if possible.

In November, my girlfriend and I decided to take a trip to Nashville. We booked accommodation at the Hyatt Place Nashville / Opryland. We phoned from the airport, and their shuttle service came to pick us up. The driver was very friendly and talkative!

When we arrived in our room, we found the hotel to be very nice, comfortable and updated recently. The rooms are large and there was plenty of space for us.

The downside of the hotel was that it was located well away from downtown Nashville. The city itself was about a 15 - 20 minute drive. This did not make going into downtown a very pleasurable experience, as it would be better to walk out your front door and be in the action.

Also, the neighbourhood of the hotel didn't offer much in terms of entertainment and attractions. There was Opryland itself; however that was closed due to floods. Other than that there were a few restaurant, but one would certainly not choose to spend time in this area.

So while the hotel itself was very nice, it is located quite far from the downtown area with many of the attractions. We had a good stay here, but next time we would prefer to stay closer to downtown.

Did you find this review to be helpful? If so, please click "YES" beside, "Was this review helpful?" Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple