“So glad I didn't stay at the Gaylord!”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #29 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vermont
“So glad I didn't stay at the Gaylord!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed here May 29-June 2 2012. I was in town for the Ntional Drug COUrt Convention. Compared to the rooms at the Gaylord, I am so glad I stayed here! The room was awesome and the staff were not only professional, but so down to earth and funny! Breakfast was good! Loved the free shuttle to the airport and the Gaylord! Gaylord and shopping is within walking distance. I will totally be back!

Room Tip: Sorry--there is no spa or room service...I can't seem to take that part down!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Room service was poor. Our glasses were left and several calls did not get new ones for us. We were promised but they never appeared.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom O
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for our 15th wedding anniversary. We originally had reservations at the Opryland resort but once we realized we could stay 3 nights at the Hyatt for the same price as one night at Opryland we quickly changed our reservations. I am so glad we did. The hotel is beautiful, each room has it's own sitting area, desk/workspace, small unstocked wet bar and large flat screen TV. The only negative was the bathroom was very small and our room only had a shower no tub. (not a big deal for us)
The staff was very friendly each time we walked through the door they greeted us. The bartender was very nice as well. They offer a hot breakfast each a.m. which was very good. This is very helpful since there is not a lot of restaurants in this area.
The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the local opryland area but there is also a downtown shuttle that runs every hour to take you to broadway downtown. This is $10 per person round trip and I would recommend it since parking and driving downtown can be tricky. The hotel staff will call the shuttle to pick you up out front. We will definately stay with Hyatt when if we return.

1 Thank tkmull
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I was a little hesitant about this place as it is located in a large lot with several other chains, but i was very impressed by many aspects of the hotel.The rooms were large, including what could be considered a small sectional couch, small fridge and separate small kitchen sink. HugeTV that was easily viewable from the beds or sitting area. The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. The only downside of the room was a small bathroom but it was a good trade off with more living space. We were there for a week and never felt cramped not did we ever hear any of our neighbors.

I love to go out for breakfast, my wife prefers the free continental breakfasts at hotels, with the Hyatt we were both happy since their spread included egg sandwiches (with spinach, cheeses and different breads), waffles, fruit, yogurt etc... I never once complained about eating in which was a first.

What made the stay even more enjoyable was the staff. The front desk, maid and shuttle driver all went out of their way to help. Dexter at the front desk went out of his way to find me an item that i forgot to bring on the trip and their night shuttle driver offered to stay late to pick me up at the airport since my flight was getting in late.

The entire hotel is smoke free which was nice. We didn't go to the pool, it looked small but clean.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.It was within easy walking distance to many restaurants and attractions including the Gaylord Resort and Mall.

2 Thank lyoto
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel is a nice concept in that it has a living room with pull out sofa in addition to bed, although no one told us that it was a pull out sofa so we only learned of it after 3 days and it would have been nice to know about that since we have a toddler with us.

The reason I'm writing this review is because their outside landscaper started trimming the bushes outside our window at 7:30 in the a.m. which was a really rude wake up. We're from California so it was 5:30 a.m. on our time. I spoke with the manager and I seriously doubt they will move it to an afternoon trimming based on our complaint. The manager just apologized for the "inconvenience" and I'd be shocked if any communication between the hotel and the landscape company occurred, but I'll never know.

I gave it 3 stars to average rating in what otherwise would be another star. Don't expect much in service here, it's more of a "residential" model.

Also, don't get room 126 near the kitchen. It was also noisy because of this. I got a good deal on Priceline for this hotel, so I'm not complaining about that, someone has to be near the kitchen, but having a power tool roaring next to your head in the early a.m. is inexcusable.

Room Tip: Don't get room 126 near the kitchen. It was also noisy because of this.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
austin
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend with friends. My BF is a Hyatt Diamond member so everywhere we go on vacation we stay in Hyatt's for the perks and all of the points that he has racked up.

Pros:
-HUGE rooms - large living room area with pull out couch, king size bed, wet bar, coffee maker, 2 sinks
-Close to airport, I believe they give a free shuttle to the airport
-Everyone was super friendly
-Free Breakfast - some hot items like breakfast sandwiches, but also toast, cereal fresh fruit & juices

Cons:
-Tiniest bathroom I have ever seen
-FAR from all the happenings of Downtown and Broadway ($28 cab ride)
-1pm was the latest checkout
-No perks for Hyatt Diamond members
-Not a great pool

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UTinEurope
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend while attending a wedding. The staff was very helpful. The room was nicely sized and the renovations were done well. The breakfast was a step up from the typical motel breakfast with bowls of yogurt with fruit you could stir in and breakfast sandwiches. Parking was adequate and there are may activities and eating establishments nearby. The only issue we had was with housekeeping entering without waiting for us to answer the door. The noise level was good-we heard our upstairs neighbors walking once or twice but we expect that. Overall a good stay, if a little pricey for "off season" at $119/night special wedding party rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you want to be close to the breakfast area.