“Rude Breakfast Area”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #32 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This has to be one the the rudes employees that could work for Hyatt.
The 2 gentleman at front desk was extra nice but all the others employees are rude.
I was on the computer in the business center and was ask to move where they could vaccum. I could not believe this.
Great rates on Priceline but would not pay regular price.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I decided to try this hotel on my latest trip to Nashville as I have been a long time fan of Hyatt Place in other locations. It is in a great location and the rate was comparable to other hotels I frequent while I am in Nashville. Ithought I would give it a try. That was a mistake. The room was not up to the standard of other Hyatt place hotels. The carpet was stained, the hot water was limited and the air conditioner only worked intermittently. The worst part of the stay, however, was the staff. While I don't expect to make friends with hotel staff when I travel, I certainly don't expect to be treated as if they are doing me a favor by letting me stay there. Minor requests such as asking to pay for a soda were met with obvious irritation. When they ran out of sweet rolls and bagels an hour into the breakfast, they only replaced items after several people complained. Even then it took 15 minutes. It wasn't as if they were doing anything other than standing around. It was amazing, almost surreal. The icing on the cake was when the clerk notified us, matter of factly, that they had ran out of sweet rolls and that the truck would be there at 3PM. No real apology or even indication that she cared. I wasn't sure if she was expecting me to waiit or what. At any rate, while I will return to other Hyatt Place Hotels, I will not return to this one.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2010

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice now. If you are planning a trip to see the Opryland Hotel or shop at Opry Mills, this is a good hotel. It looks new, with flat screen tvs, and sitting area, and a nice bath. Everything looks updated and modern. If I saw any shortcomings, it's at the font desk, which is also a coffee shop and continental breakfast. In the mornings, it's very crowded and food runs out quickly. In addition to the free continental breakfast foods, they are also making hot breakfasts for a small fee, which keeps them so busy, sometimes the free food/coffee runs out. People tend to hover waiting to more food to come out. But other than that, the hotel overall was terrific for the price paid!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We booked three rooms for a bachelorette party weekend. The staff was very good to us, especially the front desk employee who gave our friend the Heimlich when she choked in the lobby!!!! The hotel is very trendy and the rooms were nice and 'roomy.' Breakfast in the lobby area was crowded, and ordered meals were a little slow, but other than that it was wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This was a great 3 night stay at the opryland Hyatt. We stayed here on a mini vacation in Feb. The hotel has been redone. It's probably not up to par for typical Hyatts. It seemed subpar to the other Hyatts I have stayed in, but it was much less. We named our own price on Priceline for $50 for this 3.5 star hotel. There was a VERY large convention right down the road at the Gaylord this weekend, so that was an awesome price.

The staff was great! They were all super nice. The continental breakfast was typical. Nothing preheated, but the fresh fruit was great! Large rooms, but very tiny bathrooms. Tje bathroom only has the shower/bath and toilet. The sink is within the room. My only complaint was that the shower water was only Luke warm at times. However, it wasn't bad enough to complain about. No indoor pool, which suprised me. Also, there's not a microwave in your room.
There is a shuttle that takes you to the Gaylord, but the Opry is a little ways of a walk. We are young, so had not problem, but had a little difficulty figuring out where to go to get to the opry. The parking at the opry isn't much closer and cost $18. You can also park at the Opry Mills mall for free and walk. There's not a lot of fast food in the area. Mcdonald's was about the only thing and the foodcourt at opry mills.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and the price of this hotel!

Reviewed 24 January 2010

The lobby was inviting and very contemporary. I loved the fresh, free granny smith apples in the lobby as you entered the hotel. The free airport shuttle service, free parking, free wi-fi, free Wall Street Journal,Free Breakfast, free exercise facilities and excellent customer service make this hotel a bargain for its price. A main complaint I have is the less than desirable condition of the elevator. It needs a really good industrial cleaning and a re-painting. Also, the contemporary furnished rooms were well appointed. However, if you you are oing to have a sink, mini-fridge and counter, you should also add a micro wave oven at this former Amerisuites.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Great location, especially if your focus is the Opryland area. Also not a bad drive to downtown, only took us about 15 minutes. The lobby area was a little cramped and poorly laid out but the decor was nice and the staff was friendly. When we got to our room our key didn't work so we had to go back down, however once in the room we were pleased overall. Spacious room with nice layout and furnishings. My husband especially liked the nice tv :) My only complaints with the room are that the wet bar sink was dirty and the window unit heat/ac made it difficult to keep the room temp regulated. The free continental breakfast was pretty much what you would expect. You also had the option to purchase extra breakfast items that were cooked to order for around $6 each. We were there on a busy day so the seating was very limited that morning. All in all, this was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple