“Nice place to stay”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This is a very nice hotel. Lobby is impressive, staff very nice and rooms were great. Nice TV and free internet connection. Room had two beds with sitting area with sleeper sectional. Very clean. No problems.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed 16 July 2010

We're fans of hotels like this, where suites (or almost suites with half walls diving the rooms) are an option. The Hyatt Place at Opryland is a good option, and even though we had a big problem with our room it was resolved to our satisfaction.

The room we had was a one-bedroom suite and while I trust it's promoted as fully updated somewhere, it's really half-updated. There's a huge (HUGE!) LCD TV which can be moved to be viewed from the bed or the comfortable couch, and the bathroom sink area was also new. But the storage in this room was lousy. The closet is so small we ended up just keeping our suitcases out in the bedroom. There were just three tiny drawers. Also, there's no thermostat - just a control on the AC unit itself.

The bathroom was really sad. Sure, there's new wallpaper and a nice modern print on the wall, but the water closet itself is super tiny. Our shower had a chip in it along with some sloppy repair work and, naturally, no fan for ventilation. Not the best.

The hotel had a free breakfast, and the hot foods were limited to the usual biscuits and gravy variety. Note that they do offer made-to-order food 24 hours a day, which is pretty nice. There's a number of snacks available at a counter in the lobby too.

The big problem we had, though, was a leaky air conditioner. After our first night there we noticed that the carpet near the AC was totally soaked. We let the front desk know about this on the way out the door and were told an engineer would look at it. That never happened, apparently, because the carpet was even wetter when we returned later that day and the towels we'd put on the carpet were also soaked. We checked out the next day and spoke to the manager, who was extremely apologetic and offered to comp half a night's stay for our trouble. We felt this was fair.

I like Hyatt Place and want to like it even more, but when I think back to the negatives here - the bathroom and the old AC - I can only rate it average.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

We had a great stay at this hotel on our way home to Chicago from Orlando, FL. It was very clean, the service was great. The pool was very large and very clean, and stock with clean towels. We had 3 rooms which we booked on hotwire.com for $66 each. The hotel was about 15 minutes from downtown Nashville. Great value and great hotel!

Reviewed 12 June 2010

If you are looking for comfort, reasonable price, and to be right in the middle of the action this is the place to stay. The staff is so helpful and nice. Rooms are very clean and beds are very comfortable. Surprisingly the house keeping crew were super nice as well. Introduced themselves told us to let them know if we need anything. Great breakfast bar and outstanding coffee! Thank you so much for the great stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This has to be one the the rudes employees that could work for Hyatt.
The 2 gentleman at front desk was extra nice but all the others employees are rude.
I was on the computer in the business center and was ask to move where they could vaccum. I could not believe this.
Great rates on Priceline but would not pay regular price.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I decided to try this hotel on my latest trip to Nashville as I have been a long time fan of Hyatt Place in other locations. It is in a great location and the rate was comparable to other hotels I frequent while I am in Nashville. Ithought I would give it a try. That was a mistake. The room was not up to the standard of other Hyatt place hotels. The carpet was stained, the hot water was limited and the air conditioner only worked intermittently. The worst part of the stay, however, was the staff. While I don't expect to make friends with hotel staff when I travel, I certainly don't expect to be treated as if they are doing me a favor by letting me stay there. Minor requests such as asking to pay for a soda were met with obvious irritation. When they ran out of sweet rolls and bagels an hour into the breakfast, they only replaced items after several people complained. Even then it took 15 minutes. It wasn't as if they were doing anything other than standing around. It was amazing, almost surreal. The icing on the cake was when the clerk notified us, matter of factly, that they had ran out of sweet rolls and that the truck would be there at 3PM. No real apology or even indication that she cared. I wasn't sure if she was expecting me to waiit or what. At any rate, while I will return to other Hyatt Place Hotels, I will not return to this one.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2010

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice now. If you are planning a trip to see the Opryland Hotel or shop at Opry Mills, this is a good hotel. It looks new, with flat screen tvs, and sitting area, and a nice bath. Everything looks updated and modern. If I saw any shortcomings, it's at the font desk, which is also a coffee shop and continental breakfast. In the mornings, it's very crowded and food runs out quickly. In addition to the free continental breakfast foods, they are also making hot breakfasts for a small fee, which keeps them so busy, sometimes the free food/coffee runs out. People tend to hover waiting to more food to come out. But other than that, the hotel overall was terrific for the price paid!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple