Nashville Airport Inn & Suites
US$180
US$299
US$275
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Music City Hotel(Nashville)(Great Value!)
US$382
Sheraton.com
US$301
US$247
HotelIndigo.com
US$408
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I booked this room through BJ's membership travel looking to save a substantial amount of money as compared to the room I had booked with my mom and teenage sister at the Marriott. In doing so, I was FULLY aware that we would not be staying in a five star hotel, and was certainly not expecting much. What I was expecting as a paying customer, regardless of the price, was a clean, safe room and respectful staff- these minimal expectations were not close to being met!

To be fair the lobby looked very clean and orderly which had made me hopeful. Once I tried to check-in, I was told that there was no reservation in my name to which I responded by handing the printed out confirmation and reservation# and proof of prepayment I received at the time of booking. I was asked to take a seat while they look into this- no big deal these kind of things happen I certainly wasn't upset just looking for a resolution. About 15 minutes passed and I was called over to say they couldn't find my reservation but they where still getting a room ready and they would handle call the travel club to straighten things out, again no big deal and I appreciated the work that was going into getting us in a room. At some point in the interaction a front desk manager (Bob) intercepted my situation. I have been standing there now going on 30 minutes and I hear this guy who never even looked my way or acknowledged that I was even there, said "license" while staring at the computer screen. Odd, usually if someone is asking you for something they look at you or say "can I have..." etc. especially those in a hospitality management position,so,I didn't answer because I wasn't sure if he was asking me or the employee I had been working with earlier- turns out it was me he was asking. That annoyed me a bit because at this point I had very patiently been there for 30+ minutes for an "issue" that shouldn't have been (as I later found out, my reservation had been in their email all along) and now was dealing with attitude from a front desk manager. Mistakes happen as far as rooms etc HOWEVER, crappy attitudes from staff to customers shouldn't. Doesn't end here...

Got the key to what was our room. We had booked suite with two double beds what we saw was a bedroom not suite (feels funny even referring to these as "Suites") with one king size bed and reeked of cigarette smoke when we had requested a non-smoking room. I wasn't thrilled but not angry, it was a busy tourist weekend and I could tell they were busy and as a nurse, I know how quickly you can get overwhelmed with too many things thrown your way. I went back to the desk told manager Bob the room wasn't the right room was incorrect and needed the one we had booked. Totally annoyed, he took my previous keys didn't say anything to me until a few moments later when he handed the new room key and actually explained where I should park to be close to the room-nice but some professional courtesy and perhaps an "I'm sorry for the mix up" would have been fitting given the situation. Second room was in fact a "suite," still reeked of cigarettes, the couch looked as though it been trash picked and was beyond filthy, the kitchen- unexplainably gross with aluminum foil all over the stove and oven burners, bedroom was the least of our worries but knew we'd be using the sheets and comforters we had brought from home, I never even looked at the bathroom because once I noticed that the latch on the top security lock of the door was missing, I was out. After the hour- hour and a half we had been trying to check in at this point, we had all noticed a few other guests who sadly yet, so obviously were suffering from severe substance abuse problems and made no effort hiding it. Also noticed that the room two doors down a window frame that looked like a glass timer and was detaching from the brick frame - again major safety red flag. Went back explained that I wasn't trying to be a pain in the butt however there was no way we could stay in a room that didn't have a security lock (deadbolt kind of latch lock) now, I had annoyed him and was told how booked they are and now I'll have to wait... well, not my fault that you have now blown an hour and a half of my time giving me first, a room I didn't request, and now a second room with no security lock in the shadiest joint I have ever had the misfortune of booking. FYI no sorry was spoken to me ever. SO, third room keys...directly above previous room (and room with a joke of a window) and the door wont open. I kid you not, all three of us tried and it would not open. I had had it at this point was was on the phone with the travel company to see what I could do to get some sort of refund due to the numerous issues I had experienced but namely the safety concerns. If it were my mom and I, it still would have been difficult to stay but we would have tried BUT there was no way I could/ would sleep at night knowing what we had witnessed thus far and having a 17 year old in the room. My mom knowing how agitated and close to losing my cool with this guy, went back to the desk and explained the door wouldn't open and how frustrating this process has been got the recharged key and went back to try. Again, door wouldn't open and I was done. Doner than done.

The travel company called the front desk who by policy would refund two of three nights. So, I was charged $113.xx for a room I never witnessed as the door wouldn't open- and it was the best money I have ever thrown away. I don't enjoy throwing money away (which is what had got us in this mess in the first place) but for safety in this situation, it wasn't even a question. Again, my mom returned the key and to be fair, this time Bob was very nice and said he had tried to send someone up to help us with the door but we had already left. He said he wished we would stay at least the night we were paying for since it was policy and it would be hard to find a room elsewhere. He at the end of it seemed to have some empathy and while it was too little to late, we did appreciate that. Luckily, we found a Best Western relatively close by that was amazing and delivered cleanliness and safety.

So, after trying to check in for TWO HOURS unsuccessfully, numerous issues along the way, I can wholeheartedly say this was hands down the worst travel experience of my life. The photos on tripadvisor that say "courtesy of hotel manager" look like The Plaza in relation to what we encountered and I wish I had taken my own photos especially of the window frame and lock. I didn't even touch on the lopsided hallways on the second and third floors, but I am honestly surprised this place meets code. The hotel manager's response to the review that said the fence looked dilapidated, is bogus- the fence near the pool looked in very good condition however, the wooden fence behind the dumpsters separating this place from the building behind it was definitely in beyond poor condition. And yes, I had plenty of time to assess these things in my two hours on the property.

Do yourself and those staying with you a favor and book elsewhere. Trust reviews, not the manager's responses on this one. And the review under the name Bob in Nashville- yep, that's the front desk guy I was talking about, next time don't use your real photo when deceptively trying to boast your own rating. I'm not sure what was worse, the fact he posted that or that the manager responded as if she were unaware it was her employee. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing us...

My goodness, wow, after reading and re-reading your lengthy novel on trip advisor,
I have come to the conclusion.. that three times my manager Bob over and over and over again gave you keys to three different rooms.. and three times, your expectation was not to your standards.. He refunded you your two night, and he did all in his power to appease you but unfortunately there was no pleasing..

We when we are busy.. we at times, can't not please everyone.. we try very very hard, but there are some people that we simply can not satisfied..

Bob, who is a terrific manager, can not always smile at every customer when we are sold out.. by his actions he served the best that was in his ability to and even apologize that he couldn't meed your needs..

Sorry we didn't meet your expectation.. feel free to call me at the office if you wish..

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Was very pleased with this property. Great value for my money, clean rooms, nice pool. I read the reviews on here myself but was very satisfied. Management at front desk was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Would stay here again

Room Tip: Corner suites are very nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Why, thank you so very much, for reviewing us..

and it is but a breath of fresh air to have some nice reviews share to the world about our lovely hotel..

I am glad you liked our management staff.. I am proud that you had the decency of reviewing us a positive review.. sadly most people forget about the good reviews and focus only on the negative reviews when right reviews..

This is not the case in your case so I think you most sincerely for helping with our ratings..

My Staff and I are very proud of our hotel and feel that is should be the memories of Nashville they should hold and remember in their heart.. as opposed to a door hinge that may not work..

Thanks once again we love to get reviews healthy and positive such as your.. we look forward to your return and please ask for me.. for a special coupon discount of your next stay.. $20 dollars off :)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Somehow, my original review disappeared, so resubmitting. We booked a room at this property to wait out a layover in Nashville on our way out of the country on vacation.

There really needs to be a major overhaul of this property; this is an ower issue, in my opinion. By reading responses to other reviews, it sounds like renovations are occurring little by little. It also sounds like rooms are being assigned (and have been for quite some time) which are not ready for prime time. We may have gotten one of those...it was awful. There was a great big dark stain on the carpet which caught our immediate attention the moment we unlocked the door. We wondered if something had died there. With a carpet that dirty and stained, we did not feel comfortable removing our shoes. The cigarette smell was overpowering. In the bathroom I used, some animal (probably a dog) had clawed the door and chewed big chunks out of the door frame...it was not repaired; it had simply been painted over. We didn't use the kitchen, but noticed things missing, like stove knobs. In the room where we tried to sleep, there is a regular, loud popping noise that occurs all through the night; it was very frustrating. We asked for a wakeup call from the front desk that never came. (That was okay, though, as we couldn't sleep; we finally gave up in the middle of the night and sat in the living room with the door wide open, hoping to catch fresher air to breathe.) We paid for transit to the airport both ways, though we had been promised when we made the reservations that a free shuttle was available. The shuttle driver confirmed that the trip used to be free, but the hotel no longer pays his vouchers and passes the costs to the customers.

On a lesser note, but still important, the furnishings are really outdated and uncomfortable. They served their purpose, but were far lesser in quality than what we are used to. We cancelled our reservation there for the return trip and rebooked at Hyatt Place. At Hyatt Place, the furnishings were updated and beautiful, the rooms were exceptionally clean, there was free shuttle service to and from the airport (less than 5 mins away), and a delicious continental breakfast. Incredibly, Hyatt Place actually cost us LESS money than we were originally charged at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites.

My husband did call the front desk to talk about the condition of the suite while we were there. The night manager offered to send someone to clean it again, but our daughter had dropped off to sleep in her room and we needed her to rest before our early morning flight. We cleaned as best as we could, but there are some things that couldn't be cleaned well, like the stained bathtub liners. (So we showered in our flip flops.) The manager in the morning was apologetic, and later our bill was adjusted a bit.

We will never stay there again, but hopefully our feedback will help lead to improvements which may help turn things around there. The owner needs to step up and renovate from the ground up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I believe it was rejected by Trip Advisor!~

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We booked our room via a promo on our airlines website. (I should preface this by noting we stayed for one night and they refunded our second) I had previously read some reviews but figured since the manager of the hotel replied to most saying the reported issues were resolved that maybe it would be ok. WRONG!
Fisrt, the lobby was ok...we looked into the courtyard to find their pool completely drained. Upon checking in they told us to drive around to the back as it was the closest parking spaces to our room. When we parked I noticed that the fence surrounding the lot was completely dilapidated as was most of the building.

We tried to remain optimistic but upon entering the room we immediately noticed the stake cigarette smell even though we were told it was a smoke free room.
Then I looked in the bathroom.. I found someone's public hair in the toilet as well as hair covering the towels. I know it wasn't mine as it was back and I am blonde... The ceiling in the bathroom looks as though it will cave in from water damage at any moment.

Even at this point we tried to suck it up and stay. The deciding factor was the 2 hours of sleep my husband and I managed to get because the hotel was so loud.

I'm sure the manager will say that because the hotel was busy due to the Nashville marathon today that it was the reason we had such a horrible room. From reading all the previous reviews I guarantee this is not the issue.

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. You truly get what you pay for with this place!

Off to take a shower in our new CLEAN hotel room 14 miles away from that place!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Miss_New_Haven
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Before I decided to comment on your review..
Myself and our Maintenance Manager took a walk around our building.
We both felt your accusation to be untrue,
when you wrote and I quote;
"I noticed that the fence surrounding the lot was completely dilapidated as was most of the building."
Our fence around our building is quite strongly built and is not falling down at all.. I wondered why you would have said this about our hotel, as our building is made of BRICK.. how on earth could it be "Completely Dilapidated?"

In reference to your comments about me.. and the way I respond to my reviews..
I do feel in this case, you are being a little judgmental and it is wise, for future reference not to prejudge the method of which I respond to each individual review...

I see by your review.. you weren't happy with the room, you wanted to leave, you didn't leave.. you didn't ask for a room move.. you finally left as the hotel was busy & sold out that night,

We even gave you a refunded for your stay.. Hey... what more could you want from us?

We are not a brand new hotel...if we were, I must certainly, be charging, over $299 a night.. for the Nashville Marathon Weekend!~
We are an older hotel full of charm, great service... and value starting at only $59 a night..
unlike other hotels which are $150 plus..
Our pool was being prepped, for the summer, last week, now it is completed..
full of sparkling clear water..

I really don't have anymore to say about this review.. other then.. thank you for reading all my responses to all reviews..

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked our rooms 2 months in advance we got here for St pattys day weekend and they have no records for our rooms in the computer.. They have horrible customer service no cots in the rooms no sofa it's a joke

• Stayed: March 2014
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing..

Actually I do remember you, at the front desk lobby, I spoke with you regarding cots and sofas.. I told you that in the single rooms, of our King Studios, this is only one room with no sofa.. however if you wanted to upgrade you could have a sofa.. though we were busy that weekend. I did offer you a higher price to upgrade for all 5 in your party.. our capacity for singles is only two people, hence why we would not offer Cots..

Sorry You decided, not to take my offer.. we did refund your money and sent you on your way..

I do hope you had a nice St. Patrick's day weekend.