“Great Location and Cozy Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wyndham Nashville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Powell, Ohio
“Great Location and Cozy Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my second time staying at this location - I was here in January 2014 and again this past weekend (April 2014). This is a great location - you are only 15 minutes from downtown and then you are literally across the street from Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills Mall. The mall has about everything you could possibly be looking for! In two trips I still haven't seen the entire mall. Opryland is fun to visit and walk around inside - they have restaurants inside and shops. The resort itself from what I saw had 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool plus a playground area. The pools are all really nice. The beds were amazing -I have never slept this good away from home. we stayed in a 2 bedroom condo and it was so nice and roomy! I am a timeshare owner and honestly my only complaint is their normal sale pitch. They wanted to come in our room next morning and bring us our "2 for 1 coupons and savings book plus do a review sheet of our room and sign off on our free shutterfly book coupon" - first off they came to my room as scheduled, told them I didn't have a lot of time we were there for a cheer competition weekend and they asked if I had some restructure forms to turn in that I should have received in the mail which I didn't. They asked next morning if we could stop by to fill out this form which would only take 15 minutes. Said we didn't need a name tag as we weren't going there to buy anything - LIE LIE LIE! My husband was stuck there for an hour (he walked out) - they tried to upsell him more points which is more $$$$ - they had promise to fix something on our account which never took place and on TOP of all this never got my free shutterfly gift card which I was promised. So, my advice to all of you timeshare owners or not - do not waste your time letting them come to your room to bring you their "2 for 1" coupon deals. They may save you a few dollars on some meals but how much is your time worth when you won't be able to get them out of your room or feel pressured to buy something? Just say no! I will be returning in the next few months because we love this location but will definitely be declining the room visit to get my coupons for while I am there. So, if you go and tell them you will pass on the morning visit then you will have a fantastic time! :) I am only giving this a 4 star because of the inconvenience they caused my family that Sunday morning causing us to almost be late to our competition when they said it would only take 15 minutes tops to fill out some update form.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mel4osu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Haslett, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

My parents and I traveled to Nashville and rented this condo. We were very pleased with the property. It was great as we each had our own bedroom and bathroom and plenty of space. It was conveniently located next to the Gaylord Opryland and Music City Valley. It also offered a Schutte for a small fee to downtown, which we found very convenient. Only issued I had was the second bedroom didn't have room darkening shades and the lights from the outside hallways made the room quite bright.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rockford, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were very happy staying at the Wyndham. How we found this room is on-line, we look up people who had time-shares and were renting out their time. Work great for us, This place was beautiful and nice staff and fun swimming area. Minutes from Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mills mall. It took us 25mns to get down town Nashville. Nice drive. They have a work out room, swimming area, inside and out. Our room was a one bedroom w a pull out sofa-bed, our 3 boys slept on (nice room, clean). Kitchenette, dishes, pans, coffee maker, and washer & dryer. Wi-fi and cable.
615-871-4666 reservations 800-251-8736 clubwyndham.com

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be good, away from busy roads. Head very little noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Four of us stayed for 5 nights at the Wyndham in Nashville. The property is really big - there are so many apartments/suites on the block! Front desk staff were highly efficient and got us into our room super quick after a very long flight from Australia.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom (with sofa bed), 2 bathroom suite which was like a small unit in size. The fully functioning kitchen was a huge bonus - dishwasher, microwave, full-sized oven etc. as was the washing machine and clothes dryer located in the room itself.

There was also a small balcony where you can smoke if you like.

Beds were super comfy and the bathroom area in the master bedroom was enormous and complete with spa bath.

All the comforts of home basically, with plenty of room for 4 adults. The rooms are furnished in an older style but they are extremely clean, neat and well appointed.

The property is located out of town (about 12 minutes drive to downtown) but there are several bars/restaurants/service stations located within walking distance. The Nashville Palace has a reasonable and very cheap bar menu if you are just looking for a quick bite, there is a liquor store, and a BP service station close by as well as the Opry Backstage Grill and Scoreboard bars/restaurants.

The accommodation is located very close to the Opry Mills shopping mall - walking distance in fact - and there is some terrific shopping to be done there.

I would stay here again but if you want to be closer to the action then this resort is not for you. It is a timeshare resort so there were quite a few families and older couples staying when we were. We hired a little car for 4 days which was great to get around in from Enterprise Rental Cars - they came and picked us up from the Opry Mills and took us back to the resort when we returned to the resort on our last day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AussieTravellers264
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Used our timeshare week for this vacation. We had a two bedroom suite.

Bad: The air vents looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years as the dust was stuck on. Kitchen set up was awkward as we had to climb up on the kitchen counter to get at the dishes and glasses. The living room furniture was warn bare in spots. The front bedroom was on the exterior walk way and only had blinds which didn't keep the light out so it was hard to sleep. Activity a Desk staff was not helpful.

Good: Great location. No hassle check in or out. No nagging to attend a timeshare presentation. Clean and spacious.

Consistent with what I expect from a Wyndam although not as luxurious as others we've stayed in. I would recommend it if your in the area and want convenience and space.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Japruzze
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

First, my disclaimer...we stayed at this resort as guests of friends who have a Wyndham timeshare. So, we didn't really pay much at all.

The Good: The property was very nice. Well maintained. Our room was great. Clean, spacious, comfortable. Check in was actually pretty simple...and we were able to check in about 30 minutes early. We did have a soft timeshare sell as we were picking up our parking pass, but nothing major. Location is great. Literally a mile from the Grand Ole Opry & Opry Mills Mall. Pretty close to downtown Nashville & Music Row. Easy to get to. We had a balcony that overlook a courtyard that joined several units. Beautiful. Property was pretty quiet overall. Not a lot of "night owls" out making noise late at night.

The Bad: Not at all soundproof. We were on the 3rd floor, and anytime anyone walked around in the unit above us, it was LOUD. When someone was out in the courtyard talking...you could hear it, even if the balcony doors were closed. There was a couple staying in the building next to ours, that enjoyed practicing their guitar/violin "act" on their balcony during the day...we could hear it in our room...even with all door/windows closed. If you were out late at all (like after 9pm), parking was a problem. By the time you got back...it was next to impossible to find a spot. Honestly, the absolute worst part though...was the wifi. I know that seems small...but if you spent any time at all in the room, and wanted to get on the internet, it was impossible. I've never actually stayed at a place that has worse internet.

The bottom line...it was a nice property, and considering it was free...it was fine. However, had we been paying for it, I wouldn't have been happy. If you plan to stay here, first of all, confirm that you have a top floor unit. Second, if you're planning to spend any time in the room at all...and want to have internet access....bring your own "hotspot."

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Amanda B
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

The girls and I headed to Orlando for spring break and stopped over night at the Wyndham Nashville property. Being a Wyndham owner I like checking out other resorts in the Wyndham family. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and loved it. The bedding was great and the suite was clean as a whistle! It was a nice place to stay. We will be going back in June!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family