“Do YOU want to be treated as a coveted family? Then stay here!”

Sleep Inn Nashville
Ranked #85 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We got in late, around 10, and Whizzy (Wizzy?) was on the front desk. She was absolutely awesome and hilarious. As tired as I was, I stuck around for about half an hour for chit chat. My son had to come looking for me! She told me about the hotel amenities, about the morning manager Steve who would make my eggs (which were GREAT!), and she had me laughing until I cried with the stories she told about life. I did not want to go to bed. I've never had such a friendly innkeeper. The room was clean and smelled a lot fresher than the one we'd left in Flagstaff. We loved the bathroom--a real shower with LOTS of room to move around and no curtain billowing around me, it had a glass door. Separate sink from the toilet/shower was much appreciated. The beds were comfortable, air conditioning was great and not as noisy as some we'd been in over the past week, and in general, I was very happy with the room. I slept better there than I had in Flagstaff or Tulsa. The next morning, Steve met us before we could even sit down and asked if we'd like some scrambled eggs and Bob Evans sausage for breakfast. The eggs were great and the sausage was cooked to perfection. I hated to leave the hotel but we were due back home that day. They have tables set up for breakfast, where we were able to talk to a woman who was staying there due to the floods in May 2010 having trashed their home. When no one else would take them in, the Sleep Inn gave them a place to stay until they could be settled more permanently. The staff seemed to "know" everyone who was there and had a smile and a welcome for everyone walking in for breakfast. Awesome, awesome, awesome...thank you for being who you are and for showing us TRUE SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!!! We'll be back ;o) and I can't wait for more eggs and sausage and great conversation! I've never written a review for any hotel, but this one deserves a positive. If you're looking for a place where they will look out for you and your family, this is definitely it. If you want impersonal, cold, and unfriendly, look elsewhere. This staff treats you like FAMILY!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Mikkeah

Reviewed 15 June 2010

We were in town for CMA Fest and stayed 6 nights here at the Sleep Inn. Let me preface this by saying, going into this hotel we weren't expecting a a luxury hotel and had our sights set for a middle of the road hotel. I will admit while driving up Dickerson Pike from downtown Nashville I thought we had made a mistake. The area about a mile south on Dickerson Pike looks shady at best. Bars on windows, places closed down, etc. However, in the immediate vicinity of the hotel the area looks decent. Also to note, we had no problems with anything in regards to the area for our entire stay. It was safe which is important to us.

Upon checking in the hotel was having problems with the power going on and off, we had to sit on the couch for around an hour before this was sorted out. During this time a really nice front desk clerk sat and chatted with us while the manager worked on getting the computers back up. When we finally got into our room we were greeted by pretty much the worst view ever. We got the side of a wall next to wear they house the A/C's and above that was the Arby's that is located next door. But we didn't come to Nashville for a good view out of our hotel, we were there for CMA Fest so the view didn't matter. We had a standard room with 2 double beds. The beds while not the softest, did the trick for all 6 nights. Each bed had 4 nice fluffy pillows which was nice. The TV had more than enough channels to keep you occupied while in the room. All 6 days we were there the room was kept clean and most of the hotel looked to be kept in good shape. I thought the sliding door for the bathroom was a little odd, but unlike the other reviewer we had no problems sliding it shut and locking it. The shower was nice and big with it's own light inside of it.

We never tried breakfast any of the mornings even though the manager asked to scramble us some eggs one morning. I think the manager must live there, he was there every day and even was in his pajama's one morning when we left! All in all with the price we paid this place can't be beat. Anyone who is going to Nashville on a budget this is the place to stay, hands down with no questions asked. It's about a 10 min drive to downtown as well. Within a 2 minute drive is also a brand new Walmart and Lowe's on Dickerson Pike and plenty of fast food places to eat in the immediate vincinity. Happy Travels! :)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We stayed here on a cross-country trip out to the Southwest and found it to be a surprisingly nice place to stay. The rooms are clean, has a microwave and refrigerator and wireless internet. The staff are very helpful and you can even pick up a copy of USA Today in the lobby. It's close to the interstate, easy to find, and has plenty of parking. It's also right next door to an Arby's. I was concerned about the recent flooding in Nashville, but the clerk assured us that the hotel was not affected. Our room did have a sliding door to the bathroom that was hard to slide, but it worked okay. We got an early start in the morning and when we checked out they were just setting up the breakfast. We picked up a few pastries and coffee and the desk clerk offered to scramble up some eggs for us - very nice! Also good that they start breakfast at 6 am. All in all, a good value for the money and a pleasant place to stay.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

My husband and I were driving from Hilton Head to St. Louis and stopped at Nashville for the night. We had hoped to stay near or in downtown because we made reservations for a great restaurant near downtown (see my review for Germantown Cafe-- or just go, you won't be disappointed). Alas the downtown hotels that were less than $150/night had terrible reviews.... and we really didn't want to spend that much either. Then I found the reviews here for the Sleep Inn on Dickerson. What a clean and well run hotel/motel this is! And to get a breakfast freshly made by the manager was wonderful, especially at the great price of $59.95. Great little find--- thanks to all the TripAdvisor folks who made it possible for us to find it.

1  Thank EileenPH
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Booked this hotel after looking at a lot in Nashville that were much more expensive and didn't have great reviews. Wasn't expecting a lot but worked on the principal that it was only for two nights so we could rough it.
Pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. Small but clean bathroom but a slight niggle was the sliding bathroom door which refused to open if you shut it fully. Had to get my other half to rescue me the first time!!!
Staff were very helpful and friendly and made some good recommendations of things to do and places to eat in Nashville. Unfortunately the Opry was still underwater but downtown was open (ish).
About a 10 minute drive to downtown and really well placed for Interstate access.
Try Demo's on Commerce St for a good steak and of course you must dance on the bar at Coyote Ugly!!!

1  Thank Pinkskwiff
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Excellent well priced accomodation. You need a vehicle here to get into downtown Nashville but it's an easy run straight down Dickerson Pike and turn right at The Policemans Memorial bridge. Steve (Manager) and Larry were helpful and professional beyond the call of duty. The staff and cleanliness of this Sleep Inn put it head and shoulders above the rest! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Nashville. If you read this Steve & Larry...Thankyou again for making a great stay excellent. Did I mention the Volcano?......

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bluseman38614
Reviewed 6 April 2010

My husband and I stayed here because the AC was not working in our place which resulted in a hot, 90 degree apartment. We just needed a room for the night close to where we lived, nothing dumpy and we weren't expecting much.. We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel clerk was very nice and helpful, gave us a nice low rate, and even got us a room downstairs. When we walked into the room, it didn't have that musky hotel smell, it actually smelled nice! It was a good sized room, with very fresh linens on the bed! I could actually smell how fresh they were as if they just came out of the dyer, and it was very relaxing lying in a big, comfy bed that smelled so good. Super soft pillows and plenty of them. Oh, and the AC worked, which was the most important part! Cooled the room down perfectly. Also, the room was super clean! In the morning they cooked us eggs and sausages with some sliced tomatoes, it was pretty good. We were stressed over the AC not working and frustrated with our apartment building's maintenance not fixing the problem for several days, so our stay here just helped us get a much needed good night's rest. We will stay again if something else goes wrong with the apartment.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple